BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

marknico

marknico
HI ANYONE HAVE A FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER FOR A 1990 K100 RS 16V ABS BIKE OR KNOW IF I CAN USE ANOTHER MASTER CYLINDER IN ITS PLACE ?
CHEERS MARK

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
Unless the bore is completely wrecked a new piston and seals from Motor Works for about £45 should work. There are many tips here on cleaning and reconditioning the bore and fitting a new piston; I have just done mine. If not I believe some of the R series oilheads use a similar cylinder, check the OEM catalogue for compatibility.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Corroded outer end of bore is a known problem on these masters, it's a good
chance that a used one allready have this problem.
It would be better to look for a new one.

4Back to top Go down   WANTED K100 RS 16V FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER Empty More Info on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:55 am

marknico

marknico
It`s my sight glass what`s leaking I bought a replacement from motoworks but it wouldn`t fit has anyone else any ideas on how to seal it ? cheers

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
rtv silicone
black stuff.
I tried from the outside and was a total failure.

Figured the fluid would not break down the silicone so put it from the inside out.
All you have to do is seal the thin slot that lets the fluid into the glass.
Been on for a week now and still holding.

What is wrong with the motorworks one? I was going to get one myself as a more permanent fix.

rosskkko

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
The 20mm M/C fits K100 16V, K11, K1 and all early R850/R1100 Oilheads. Be sure to replace the rubber boot on the end of the M/C which does not come with the piston and inner seal kit. It's often what causes the damage to inner seals in the first place as it degrades from being exposed to the elements right up in the breeze and the bullsh*t.

1987 K100RS, '89 K100 w/K1100RS engine, '93 Framed K11/K12 engine 'Big Block', '96 K1100RS, '09 K1300GT, '13 R1200RT-P, '95 R100 Mystic & '77 R75/7.

marknico

marknico
@rosskko wrote:rtv silicone
black stuff.
I tried from the outside and was a total failure.

Figured the fluid would not break down the silicone so put it from the inside out.
All you have to do is seal the thin slot that lets the fluid into the glass.
Been on for a week now and still holding.

What is wrong with the motorworks one? I was going to get one myself as a more permanent fix.

rosskkko

Don`t know just couldn`t get it to pop in been in touch with them and awaiting a reply it seemed to big to fit unless my sight glass hole is out of shape ?

marknico

marknico
@Two Wheels Better wrote:The 20mm M/C fits K100 16V, K11, K1 and all early R850/R1100 Oilheads. Be sure to replace the rubber boot on the end of the M/C which does not come with the piston and inner seal kit. It's often what causes the damage to inner seals in the first place as it degrades from being exposed to the elements right up in the breeze and the bullsh*t.

Many thanks I ll look into them do they fit the same or will mods be needed ?

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
Those sort of sight glass are very hard to get in and impossible to get out in one piece. They rely on being a tight fit to hold the O-ring tight and put continual pressure on the O-ring.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum