BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    The scourge of texting on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:01 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Texting drivers has been a huge problem and despite huge fines in this country you still continue to see drivers using mobile phones behind the wheel, BUT, here's the latest problem... texting while walking. There seems to be a lot of evidence that people occasionally come to grief when texting while in pedestrian mode. Walking off peirs, walking off cliffs, into walls and poles and down drains etc. Shocked You gotta laugh Laughing

Here's the solution. 'Texting while walking lanes'. Started in china apparently and has been introduced in to several cities in the US. Utah University has introduce 3 lanes for their stair wells. Running, walking and texting. Seriously, people can't put their phone down while they walk up a flight of stairs?? Rolling Eyes

Some pics

Maybe this will be the solution for texting drivers affraid

Fuel: 95 Octane
Engine Oil:Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil: Nulon Synthetic 75W90

2Back to top Go down    The scourge of texting on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:16 am

RT

Life time member
Life time member
I have always thought that my demise would be from being distracted by pretty girls and ending up/into/underneath a truck.
Now that I have made the quantum leap to a smart phone I'm contactable by my family where ever I am, so it will probably be run over by a forklift at Aldi whilst trying to answer my daughters SMS.
I hate the things.

3Back to top Go down    Re: The scourge of texting on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:24 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
lol good they have you in their control bob ..hate to see you walk under a bus or something ...I have a simple rule, if I don't answer im busy or out of range ...send me a text ...ill get around to it ....when I can ...not ...when they want ...friends however do have special privileges ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

4Back to top Go down    Re: The scourge of texting on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:49 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
I'm even simpler than Charlie (! Laughing ); I just don't answer the damn thing. It's there for work - and I know when I'm on call - or for calling the breakdown when I get YET ANOTHER nail in the back tyre. It stays turned on and charged just to preserve the battery.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

5Back to top Go down    Re: The scourge of texting on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:13 am

pkay

Apparently the need to respond to texts and stuff releases some chemical in the brain that makes it addictive. They tested it on rats who refused to eat if they didn't get a dose of tap tap, and then they died.....

Who needs to fall under a truck or fork lift.......

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum