BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   16v Motronic non-cat co adjustment Empty 16v Motronic non-cat co adjustment Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:10 pm

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
I have recently fitted a Remus exhaust to my K100RS 16v. There are no exhaust leaks but I still have an occasional popping (not really worthy of the title backfire) on overrun after a fast highway section. I feel instinctively that I should adjust the co value to compensate for a less restrictive exhaust. I do not have a gas analyser so I will have a go by feel, but I need to know if the pot by the battery operates as a volume screw, i.e. anticlockwise to richen or as an air bleed, anticlockwise to lean the mixture. Can anyone advise please?

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Turning the screw anti-clockwise will richen the mixture to a degree then have no further effect. Clockwise will lean the mixture, again with no further effect after a certain point. The amount one turns the screw is screwdriver blade width for a result. An analyser is essential, unless you regard tedious trial and error, listening for pops on overrun, checking mileage, reading spark plugs and generally recording every adjustment you make as heaps of fun.

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
Thank you for your sound advice, TWB, I shall try a tweak of richness and if that has no effect hire an analyser.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum