BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100 RS 16v Empty K100 RS 16v Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:37 pm

marknico

marknico
Hi all need abit of advice, I`ve noticed when I pull away in first from a standstill transmission seems jerky helps if I pick the revs up abit it`s as if I`m pulling away in a to higher gear is this ought to worry about ? Dosen`t slip or miss gears when riding even underload just first from a standstill, any info greatly appreciated cheers

2Back to top Go down   K100 RS 16v Empty Re: K100 RS 16v Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Tfreeze

Tfreeze
Is this a new behavior for your bike?

I have only put a few hundred kilometers on my K100RS, but it exhibits the same the same tendency to be jerky in first when the temp is cooler. I figured it was an engine fueling issue.

I have been attributing it to a "simple" electronic fuel injection system that doesn't like being cold. My fuel injected Triumph was the same way when cold; a bit jerky/ hard to ride smooth at low throttle openings.

Now you have me wondering if it is not normal.

3Back to top Go down   K100 RS 16v Empty Re: K100 RS 16v Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:01 pm

marknico

marknico
Tfreeze wrote:Is this a new behavior for your bike?

I have only put a few hundred kilometers on my K100RS, but it exhibits the same the same tendency to be jerky in first when the temp is cooler. I figured it was an engine fueling issue.

I have been attributing it to a "simple" electronic fuel injection system that doesn't like being cold. My fuel injected Triumph was the same way when cold; a bit jerky/ hard to ride smooth at low throttle openings.

Now you have me wondering if it is not normal.
First K bike I`ve owned and only ridden it for a week so it could well be the norm ? Just from a standstill in first gear seems jerky especially on a incline gets abit better if revs are increased on pull away maybe it`s the way they are doesn't play up through the rest of the gears so I`m hoping it`s nothing to be to concerned about as parts for these bike`s ain`t cheap :0(
Cheers Mark.....

4Back to top Go down   K100 RS 16v Empty Re: K100 RS 16v Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:07 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Quite possibly that the Throttle Position Sensor is not adjusted correctly.
If you listen carefully you will hear a faint click as the switch operates just as you open the throttle and the finer you can make that adjustment the better it will be. This only applies to 8 valve engines.
A 16 valve engine will also exibit similar behaviour if the TPS is not adjusted correctly.  To adjust them a bit of trial and error is needed, if you slacken of the 2 screws holding the TPS then turn it about 1mm at a time going upward on the outside screw, often 1mm is all that is needed. It is because they are a touch lean just coming off the stop.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   K100 RS 16v Empty Re: K100 RS 16v Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:38 am

marknico

marknico
RicK G wrote:Quite possibly that the Throttle Position Sensor is not adjusted correctly.
If you listen carefully you will hear a faint click as the switch operates just as you open the throttle and the finer you can make that adjustment the better it will be. This only applies to 8 valve engines.
A 16 valve engine will also exibit similar behaviour if the TPS is not adjusted correctly.  To adjust them a bit of trial and error is needed, if you slacken of the 2 screws holding the TPS then turn it about 1mm at a time going upward on the outside screw, often 1mm is all that is needed. It is because they are a touch lean just coming off the stop.

Many thanks for info I ll check the TPS setting......

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum