BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Hi, I'm looking for the original speedo part that holds the connector pins (round ones). It doesn't matter if the dials don't work / are removed, but the blue flexible connection part must be good. Thanks, Rene Zwart.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) WTB original speedo part with connector pins Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223)

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Rene,
I know somebody having one, but they are traveling in NL/Germany for the next 2 months Embarassed

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Bert. I should be there beginning of August, but I'm sure your party didn't put it in their suitcases. So much for that.
I made the mistake of using a newer speedo for some time and now can't get the old one to properly make contact. I've tried to flatten the pins to widen them in the contact area, but no 'consistent' luck sofar.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) WTB original speedo part with connector pins Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223)

4Back to top Go down   WTB original speedo part with connector pins Empty re speedo on Sat May 01, 2010 12:12 am

robinm

robinm
Silver member
Silver member
I am going through a similar issue, I have just had 2 speedos apart today, 1 early one with the flat pins and a later one with the round pins,. there is actually quite a number of differences inside and swapping over the circuit board and connector is not a straightforward as it might seem. What I did in the end was to put a slight bend in each pin, One to the left then one to the right, etc. When I say slight, I mean slight, just the smallest bend. The connector plug now is a nice tight fit and everything works fine. I also put a piece of high density foam between the connection cover and the connectors, again to hold the connectors firm, all seems good.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
A good treatment with DeoxIT is worth trying, especially on all the circuit board connections
Regards,
K-BIKE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum