BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
Blue K100RS in the opening sequence. Cool choice.

BTW, you won't find me buying fake motorcycle gear. My health is too important to me to take that chance.

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Nigel T

Silver member
Silver member
Also on TV this week, did anyone notice in the coverage of the Tour de France that a camera crew was using what looked like a K75 or K100 naked version but with large windscreen? It stood out from the RT and big Jap tourers following the peloton.

Regards
Nigel

RicK G

VIP
VIP
There used to be a lot of Ks on the tour but they have been slowly falling in numbers lately. Apparently the camera crews liked them a lot.

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
@Nigel T wrote:Also on TV this week, did anyone notice in the coverage of the Tour de France that a camera crew was using what looked like a K75 or K100 naked version but with large windscreen? It stood out from the RT and big Jap tourers following the peloton.

Regards
Nigel

Yep, that would be the one with the red and white tank/radiator shroud.

As Rick says their numbers have been falling off and compared to last year I think I only saw two this year. The big GS models appear to have taken over as well as Kawasakisas they are asponsor this year.

Travelling over the same area in June I was able to recognise certain features on TV. Alp d'Heuz being one but the crowds at times make it very difficult to locate certain points.

After staying up to watch stage 20 live, I was seriously pissed off when I realised that the route had been changed. Instead of going over Col du Galibier and Col du Lautaret andwest along D1091 into Bourg d'Oisans, they retraced some ofthe route of stage 18. But then again it is understandable as there is a collapsed roadtunnel on the D1091 which has closed the road since April. The alternativefor me wasa massive diversion through Briancon and Gap.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum