BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SWOrider

Hello fellow K100 riders. I'm about as new as it gets in terms of riding motorcycles.
I just got my license this summer and through a wheel-and-deal got my hands on my uncle's previously loved 1985 K100 with 73,000 kms.
At first I wanted to lose the fairing and customize the hell out of it (as I do with most of my possessions), but spending a day riding through southern ontario, (Canada), I fell in love with the bike just how it is.
I'm a former mountain biker / touring cyclist, and really got into motorcycling for the fact that you can bicycle all day, cover about 130kms, and be tired as hell upon arrival at your destination. It really limits how far you can go on a weekend.
I can't wait to disappear down the road with this blue beauty!
I'm glad to be a part of this forum, as I want to take care of this bike and hopefully cover some serious territory with it.
looking forward to the knowledge and experiences within this forum!

Troy

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Troy,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find everyone very helpful and willing to share information or ideas. Don't be afraid to ask questions either.

Some of us do even meet up from time to time.

pkay

@SWOrider wrote:Hello fellow K100 riders. I'm about as new as it gets in terms of riding motorcycles.
I just got my license this summer and through a wheel-and-deal got my hands on my uncle's previously loved 1985 K100 with 73,000 kms.
At first I wanted to lose the fairing and customize the hell out of it (as I do with most of my possessions), but spending a day riding through southern ontario, (Canada), I fell in love with the bike just how it is.
I'm a former mountain biker / touring cyclist, and really got into motorcycling for the fact that you can bicycle all day, cover about 130kms, and be tired as hell upon arrival at your destination. It really limits how far you can go on a weekend.
I can't wait to disappear down the road with this blue beauty!
I'm glad to be a part of this forum, as I want to take care of this bike and hopefully cover some serious territory with it.
looking forward to the knowledge and experiences within this forum!

Troy

Welcome Troy, wow 73K the bike will not even be broken in! Have fun

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
G'day Troy.

We love to photos of people's travels, so when you get out and about, post a story and show us some happy snaps.

Welcome to the Forum.

Remember Rule No. 6

Stan

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum...you have a young pup there with that mileage...some of us have older dogs...still going strong.

1983 K100basic vin 0003960 colour red
1987 K100RT vin 0094685 colour, orange peel, sorry, pearl

SteveK1

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome, from a fellow Great-Laker. This is a very good place to get questions answered (the search function is your friend).My home is in Ann Arbor Michigan.I just was in Sarnia this past weekend at the border-crossing, on the Blue-Water Bridge. Was taking in a couple of plays with the "wife" in Stratford.The guard coming into Canada was asking all kinds of question, like how we met and so on... Embarassed

I used to ride trails on my bicycle quite a lot when my son was younger. I still do a good bit, but now we tick up the miles on our (motor)cycles.

Honda CB360T 1975

brickrider

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Troy. Plenty of knowledgeable and generous members of this forum to help you along on the road to K-bike adventures.

Born Again Eccentric

Life time member
Life time member
@SWOrider wrote:At first I wanted to lose the fairing and customize the hell out of it (as I do with most of my possessions), but spending a day riding through southern ontario, (Canada), I fell in love with the bike just how it is.

That gets a big thumbs up from me Troy!

Getting out and riding is the key to enjoying K's no matter what flavour they are - even cafe jobs. It's just that you can probably go further (and carry more - tents, camping gear etc.) on a bike that hasn't been converted/stripped bare - hence even more enjoyment.

Who really cares if the fairing shows a few nicks and knocks and isn't quite as shiny as that brand new ducati you park next to...will it still be running in 30 years?

Enjoy

Paul

"Heidi" K100LT 1991 (Grey) (VIN 0190172 Engine No. 104EB 2590 2213) - 5th owner. January 2014 (34,000 - 61,000 miles and counting....)
"Gretel" K100LT 1989 (Silver Grey) (VIN 0177324 Engine No. 104EA 2789 2211) - 4th+ owner. September 2015 (58,500miles and counting....). Cat C Insurancewrite-off rebuild Feb 17
"Donor" K100LT 1990 (Red) (VIN 0178091 Engine No. 4489 2024) - 6th & final owner (crash write-off now donor bike). June 2012 (73,000 miles) to November 2013 (89,500 miles)

MikeisonTV

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome to the forum Troy. Theses guys are superb about helping diagnose issues. really helped me a lot over the years

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum