BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Two Wheels Better

Mucking about in the garage and decided one K1200R would look good in the other one's clothing. Now one's a bit of a pimp and one's murdered (as the kids call it). There might even be enough silver for Charlie! Wink

Pimp

Murdered.

charlie99

VIP
VIP

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Two Wheels Better

Well, the silver beasty went to a very good home today. The bloke, a BMW riding mate (he has an Oilhead GS and an RT), threw a leg over it, went three miles and said he wanted it. We ended up riding 135 miles in the morning in his rural neighbourhood (from Centralia to Morton via Ike Kinswa dam and every narrow back road, at speed) and he was hooked. It's been a great machine, was sad to see it go, but am keeping the 'all black' version for meself.

1987 K100RS, '93 Framed K11/K12 engine 'Big Block', '09 K1300GT, '07 K1200R, '04 R1150RT, '95 R100 Mystic, '77 R75/7.
Sniff...can you smell that? I think it might be bullsh*t.

charlie99

VIP
VIP

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Two Wheels Better

After the morning fog lifted over the Greater Puget Sound (pew-jet) and the temp got up to a downright balmy 9c (under 50f) I went out for a roll on Murder, the All Black, to test out the spare windscreen that came with the bike. I had to fab up a top support bracket because it uses six mount points rather than the OEM windscreen's four. It is affectionately known as "the ugliest windscreen known to man" but, damn, does it work well! It's nearing Winter and function prevails over form in these harder times.

Commencement Bay in Old Town Tacoma. A few Lexus, MB and Bimmers parked in gated driveways in cobblestoned streets suggest here be the money. I guess the bike fits right in.

The local pulp mill dispenses steam and the "Aroma of Tacoma" into the otherwise saltwater and mountain air to remind us of Tacoma's working town roots.

With sunrise at about 7:35am and sunset - when it's not cloudy - at 4:30pm, our available daylight is slim so any chance to get out on moss-covered roads and matted Autumn leaves is taken as it comes.

4,392m (14,411-foot) Mt Rainier (Takhoma) looks large over the city of Tacoma near sunset.
The word origin is [təˡqʷuʔbəʔ] "mother of waters" in the Lushootseed language spoken by the local Puyallup people.

May all your rides be with the warm sun on your back and a tailwind, but when they're not, happy riding anyway.

1987 K100RS, '93 Framed K11/K12 engine 'Big Block', '09 K1300GT, '07 K1200R, '04 R1150RT, '95 R100 Mystic, '77 R75/7.
Sniff...can you smell that? I think it might be bullsh*t.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum