BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    I'm a k owner again on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:23 am

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
Well not sure if you remember but my k100RS 1984 was stolen before however it has been found I've had to pay £170 to get it back home from the recovery company. However I've always wanted a project so hopefully Bibo will win through.

Image of before

Image of when it was found (as you can see they tried burning it, didn't fully catch good ol bibo)

Image of it back in my possession.

Obviously there is some work to be done, my idea is to turn it into something like this below..

Now for question time my ECU was stolen and lost I'm going to look for a replacement does it have to be from the same year Question 

Also I'm going to get a new/second hand loom as I don't trust the one on it at the moment would I be safe going for another year Question 
Finally the tank obviously had potential fire damage to the inside, would this be repairable Question

(I have found the mirrors and side panels still in good condition  Laughing )

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

2Back to top Go down    Re: I'm a k owner again on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:33 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Sorry to hear of the troubles.

The bad news, the wiring loom did change not sure when but I think later 1985. As an example the petrol tank is held on with a single bolt at the rear on yours, it changed in later 85 to one with to pins and clips, the electrical connection on yours is front left, later ones rear right.

Plug connector on the clocks also changed at some early point.

Others will have better dates on this but for time being suspect you should try and find 84 or very early 85.

Keep this thread for the build work and all the answers can either be posted or links added.

Motorworks and Motobins and James Sherlock are good for parts and some are cheap enough.

3Back to top Go down    Re: I'm a k owner again on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:13 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
The main changes seem to be the fuel sensor system. The tank went from thermistors to variable resistance and the output was moved from a plug at the front/left to a flying tail at the rear. The connectors are different. Up front the instrument panel lost the amber fuel level warning light and the pin in position 8. Position 20 is not used on either bike. I have a K100/1 and a K100/2 and I'm currently building a new wiring loom for the K100/2. I did the K100/1 a while back.

By 'ECU' I assume you mean the FICU - Fuel Injection Control Unit - (the box under the seat). They are the same. Type no: 0 280 000 313. There's an ICU - Ignition Control Unit - behind the headstock but I can't see that going missing easily. It's bolted on.

Bottom line: the tank, main loom and instrument panel all have to be from either a /1 or a /2.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

4Back to top Go down    Re: I'm a k owner again on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:49 pm

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
Lovely to hear that the FICU is the same that's the one that is missing, shame about the loom. The tank I think I might try and salvage I know someone who can repair it for £50. Instrument panel I'm thinking of getting an after market not sure yet. Here is the damage as followed so far. This includes the battery but I've got one that will fit.

Clocks
Mudguard
Headlight
Indicators
Air box intake part
FICU
Number plate holder + number plate
Seat
Water cap
Tail light
Head light holder
Tank
Ignition
Grips + Throttle case

Right first thing first going look for a good FICU to try and get the bike started. That way I'll know what I'm dealing with. Here is how it's looking at the moment.

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

5Back to top Go down    Re: I'm a k owner again on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
Well I haven't done much on the bike I have received the FICU today though however the weather has been dire around here. According to the weather report on Google Wednesday should be nice and sunny so I'm going to see if she will run then. This is my main concern at the moment when she was ragged by thieves that the engine is trash. Hopefully not. The first thing though will be trying to get her to turn on. Ignition with the key just spins so means some wire chopping.

I have managed to find a headlight and rack for it plus a new tank and air filter part they are all on the way and should be here this week. One part is coming from France.

Oh I went searching one of the places they crashed her it was on a field in high grass and found these.. plus I've found some of my old tools, the tool roll, radiator cover (going to ghetto mend this), one rear indicator and a rubber boot can't remember where it came from think it was part of the fairing.

They are scratched and one got glued together however still not that bad. Not sure what I'm doing with these at the moment.

84/01 K100rs 0013627

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum