BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Engine Left side cover Leak Empty Engine Left side cover Leak Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:41 am

xatzigiorgis

xatzigiorgis
Hello to everybody.
Few days ago someone crashed on my '87 k100 while it was parked and left. When i found it out i saw that the cover has a crack (because its been hit direct at the corner it is very small) on the front lower side and there is a small oil leak ! I m thinking of opening it and try to weld it. 
     My questions are :
1) should i empty the engine from the oil or its not going up there while the motor is not running
2) Can it be weld or must i start searching for a new cover
3) If there is green light for the above ... must i change also the rubber between the block and the cover ?
     Any help is appreciated

2Back to top Go down   Engine Left side cover Leak Empty Re: Engine Left side cover Leak Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:34 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Some oil may come out but only a very small amount. You should be able to weld it and as for the rubber gasket, yes I would replace it as well as the rubber rings under the bolts that hold it on. New rubber rings will help the gasket to seal properly.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum