BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Throttle cable stuff Empty Throttle cable stuff Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:12 pm

BooG

BooG
Platinum member
Platinum member
Question So, the teflon liner cane out and wedged into the half moon cable housing at the throttle bodies on my K75S.
Have replaced the cable with a venhill replacement, sold through Motorworks. Seems the new cable is a bit longer, and I have about quarter of a turn in slack before the throttle now engages. No adjusters to be seen anywhere. Options as I see it,
1) Track down another cable; thought I had!!
2) fabricate an adjuster of some sort
3) Modify the cable:presumably I could cut and solder an appropriate cable end nipple to the exact size of the old cable.

What y'all think??

2Back to top Go down   Throttle cable stuff Empty Re: Throttle cable stuff Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:13 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I'd add an adjuster at the throttle brace

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

3Back to top Go down   Throttle cable stuff Empty Re: Throttle cable stuff Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Add an adjuster where the outer cable sits in the throttle quadrant (the half-moon bit) - I've done just that. You'll need to slot it to fit it over the inner. Don't even think of shortening and soldering as IIRC, Venhills are stainless steel inners.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum