BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    750k day on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:44 am

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
Yesterday saw us take in our first decent journey on the new bike since landing it at home and giving it a complete and utter sort out

We went from Hamilton (central north island) to Mount Egmont (Lower west coast - Mt Taranaki to the natives) and then down to a little place called hawera and then on to Wanganui ( even lower on the west coast & the location of the controversial Wanganui computer centre which does all the spy information sharing with the USA)

We saw the aftermath of 2 truck accidents, a total of 10 highway patrols (they musta been having a blitz), quite a few blats at the red line in 4th and fifth, alot of 100kph stints and some really great twisties and some supurb straights.

Very impressed with the overall performance of the machine, the fuel economy was about the same as the old K100 (actually a little better) but the most impressive thing was how we felt when we got home.

With the big motor hardly working at decent cruising speeds the trip seemed effortless by comparison to the old bike. This machine is very very smooth, my partner absolutely loving the trip, real comfy for her, and myself, again, with zero tingles in the hands.

The only niggle I have was the stiffness around my elbows and knee joints when we got home, but that was 3 hours non stop. Aside from that, well, suffice to say, this is the first day trip of this distance I have ever done and there will probably be quite a few more. We never did them on the K100 (probably could have) but this one seems to eat up the K's at a lot higher rate than the other bike

We are so happy with the 1200. It really is an amazing design

As a side comment: I found out today that NZ won the world cup rugby (again . . boring . . lol). Why can't we just lose it - for once . . . heh heh heh

Cheers

2Back to top Go down    Re: 750k day on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:39 am

Life time member
Life time member
No prize for rubbing it in Be made! Sound like a big spin but with the North Islands good roads it must have been fun!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick! Mods: k1100 screen and stands.
K1: 1990. 6374189. Custom Stealth Black paint.

3Back to top Go down    Re: 750k day on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
88KE wrote:No prize for rubbing it in Be made! Sound like a big spin but with the North Islands good roads it must have been fun!
Dude. . . isn't that everyone's way ??. We all know how it works >>> both ways mate, both ways. Anyway . . is life so serious that we can't take a good rubbing now and then??

I get rubbed all the time :-)

Yep . . Fantastic riding country NZ is, especially on a K

Cheers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum