BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    new member introduction. on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:53 pm

krauser-k

I live in western Colorado on a remote ranch. I am retired military and have been stationed all over the world. I'm 74 years old and started riding in the mid 1950's. I'm currently laid up with back problems but have corrective surgery scheduled on December 22. It's been a few years since I have ridden the bike that I want to bring back into service. The ride is an 85 k100 I bought new in Germany and had Mike Krauser build as a full faring Krauser RS. It was a joy to ride and has under 9,000 miles on it. It never got much use as I did my long trips on my 82R100RS and the rougher trips on my 82 R80GS. Both of those bikes are gone now but I think I am about ready to change my riding style from knee dragging and rock hopping to freeway cruising. The K was super on the autobahns, but I am going to need some anti speed detection equipment if I get it back on the road.
Thank you for letting me join your forum. I look forward to new friendships.

2Back to top Go down    Re: new member introduction. on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:29 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Krauser Kand welcome to the forum.

There are a few members here who have a K they collected in Germany. I suppose there is not much to tell you about Ks since you are a long time owner but with such low mileage and being off road for a while you may get a few non use related issues. You are in the right place and we would love to see you out and a few photos too.

I personally have a liking for the Krauser panniers...and Mike Krauser is still in business!!

Even still the K IS super on the autobahns!!

3Back to top Go down    Re: new member introduction. on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Brad-Man

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome!

Love to get pics when you are recovered.

4Back to top Go down    Re: new member introduction. on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 pm

brickrider

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. I wish you a successful surgery and a happy return to motorcycling! Can you give us a few more details on the bike? I recall seeing a BMW R100RS that Krauser re-engineered -- it must have been back in the early 1980s. That bike had a different frame as well as a different fairing. I suppose it also featured the somewhat controversial Krauser 4-valve heads, but I honestly don't recall that detail. It was a strikingly pretty machine, especially so when you consider that the original factory version of the R100RS was/is such a beauty! What is you particular bike like?

5Back to top Go down    Re: new member introduction. on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
Piccies please? Very Happy

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum