BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down    Greetings from kent on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Dave

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
Hi, I've been riding for 30 years, BMWs for about 20 years after buying my first K75s in the mid 90s. After several K75s's and a K100rs I had a break from them a few years ago. I replaced my last K with an R80 mono. It was good for my commute into London but now I've given up work decided to replace it with a K100. My new K sits alongside my long term main bike, a R1200R.


    

2Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from kent on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:46 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Good to see you have time to enjoy it.

The radiator and fork/headlight arrangement looks interesting......a few modifications along the way.

So will you be travelling?


__________________________________________________
1992 K100LT 0193214 101,000 miles
1984 K100RT 0022575 Baja Red bought 36,000 now 87,100 miles
1997 K1100LT 58,000 miles
    

3Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from kent on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Motorbike Mike

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place and will help you no-end.
Have you recently bought your K? I'm sure I've seen it for sale somewhere, I thought I recognised the radiator cover.

I have an R1200R too, they're a great bike. I've also got a new water cooled R1200RS but I'm not sure if like the new engine as much. It is however very quick for a BM' twin.

Mike.

    

4Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from kent on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Dave

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Good to see you have time to enjoy it.

The radiator and fork/headlight arrangement looks interesting......a few modifications along the way.

So will you be travelling?


Hi Olaf, I'm taking it easy after my unexpected early retirement, just need to make sure I've got my sums right before I start taking too many holidays. I am planning on spending a 3-4 months over in France next year.


__________________________________________________
Dave Very Happy

1987 K100rs
2009 R1200R
    

5Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from kent on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Dave

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
Motorbike Mike wrote:Welcome to the forum, it's a great place and will help you no-end.
Have you recently bought your K? I'm sure I've seen it for sale somewhere, I thought I recognised the radiator cover.

I have an R1200R too, they're a great bike. I've also got a new water cooled R1200RS but I'm not sure if like the new engine as much. It is however very quick for a BM' twin.

Mike.
Hi Mike. Bought the K last week, you probably saw it on fleabay, the guy had listed it a few times since September. Really pleased with it despite finding several quick fixes that need sorting.


__________________________________________________
Dave Very Happy

1987 K100rs
2009 R1200R
    

6Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from kent on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:14 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Dave

You will enjoy France.

You can really extend your budget if you go for the municipal camp sites and camp it or rent a rural place for 3 months. We enjoyed it this year and if I had my time I would spend 3 months doing it.

Perigord region has a lot going for it but so have lots of other places.


__________________________________________________
1992 K100LT 0193214 101,000 miles
1984 K100RT 0022575 Baja Red bought 36,000 now 87,100 miles
1997 K1100LT 58,000 miles
    

7Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from kent on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:22 am

Dave

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:Dave

You will enjoy France.

You can really extend your budget if you go for the municipal camp sites and camp it or rent a rural place for 3 months. We enjoyed it this year and if I had my time I would spend 3 months doing it.

Perigord region has a lot going for it but so have lots of other places.
Olaf, even cheaper for me as I have a place over there in Lower Normandy and a friend with a big farm house down in the Pyrenees. Very Happy


__________________________________________________
Dave Very Happy

1987 K100rs
2009 R1200R
    

8Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from kent on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Ah.... that sounds rather good.........and we have a K owning friend down near Perigueux......fits nicely between the two.

Not much point suggesting Kamping then. Pyrenees is a rather nice spot, been down that way a few times and loved it.

I guess you could go twice a year....for 3 months at a time.


__________________________________________________
1992 K100LT 0193214 101,000 miles
1984 K100RT 0022575 Baja Red bought 36,000 now 87,100 miles
1997 K1100LT 58,000 miles
    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum