BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   How do I ... ? Empty How do I ... ? Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:49 am

energyhutch

energyhutch
I want to remove the housings associated with the crankcase breathing apparatus and just use four individual come filters ... But what do I do with the line that runs from that housing and meets up with the air filter housing line? Can I just clamp it? Thanks in advance!

2Back to top Go down   How do I ... ? Empty Re: How do I ... ? Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:20 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Are you looking for a generic answer or one that might apply to a specific motorcycle?  Question

3Back to top Go down   How do I ... ? Empty Re: How do I ... ? Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:11 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
If you're talking about the "Z" tube that allows the crankcase to breathe, then "no, you can't just clamp it". You should follow this advice on filtering the oil vapours to the air.

4Back to top Go down   How do I ... ? Empty Re: How do I ... ? Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 am

Kyle10

Kyle10
Life time member
Life time member
I'll assume (with all the dangers that lie within):

...the housings associated with the crankcase breathing apparatusHow do I ... ? Bmw_k113

Yes? Can you list your Year/Model or VIN?

5Back to top Go down   How do I ... ? Empty Re: How do I ... ? Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:24 am

energyhutch

energyhutch
Yea the crankcase ventilation line, sorry for the absentminded post it was early. It's on a 1985 BMW K100RT. What do I do with that forward connection should I run individual cone filters is what I was getting at, thanks for the link Robmack, will check that out now!

6Back to top Go down   How do I ... ? Empty Re: How do I ... ? Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:35 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
I think (s)he's trying to accomplish this:

How do I ... ? Img_7586

The OP's idea of four cone filters will only really work on Kbikes equipped with Motronic.  Jetronic-equipped 2Vk100's  or K75's, such as the '85 K100RT that the OP owns, won't work that way. There's that nasty AFM with which to contend.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum