BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:49 am

cupid

cupid
G'DAY from Melbourne Australia

I got myself an 86 rs about 3 years ago stuck on a towbar and single wheel trailer and set off camping.
it just dosent get better

2Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:16 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Cupid.  Found yours three years ago?  What took you so long in joining the Krazies here? Razz

3Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:20 am

cupid

cupid
ive been on the forum a number of times thought it was about time I joined
not that I'm an expert or anything.

4Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:43 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Welkome Kupid.  Lots her like kamping with a K.  I was fortunate to do a little in France this year.

5Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:02 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Kupid...Any chance of a picture of a single wheel trailer? My head's spinning just thinking about it!

Rickmeister.

6Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty my trailer set up Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:04 am

cupid

cupid
new member intro Hitch_11new member intro Img00010new member intro Frame12new member intro Side10

7Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:12 am

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Yay... another Melbournian.
Welcome Cupid and thanks for posting pics of your trailer set up.
It looks a purposeful piece of kit.

Cheers,

04/86 K100 VIN 0009479 Columbia Silver

8Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:06 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
new member intro 177912 Good to see someone else here.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

9Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:43 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome here!

The Trailer is well done, home made?
Enjoy you rides.

Cheers

10Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:32 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Kupid , as you can see the Krew here have already konfirmed your kredentials . 
just looking at your mono trailer , it looks a good piece of gear . 
just curious to know how the rear car tyre handles and wears in comparison to the bikes tyres , considering the trailer moves in very much the same fashion as the bike , ie ; lean factor. I'm thinking the mono on the trailer has the added advantage of following in the same track as the K  does. tell us more please. Cheers Ed.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
new member intro 10_x_110

11Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:45 am

cupid

cupid
thanks for the comments about the trailer. I bought it of ebay for about $400AU.
 Down the freeway at 110 kmh it is beautiful I cant feel it at all. but at slow speed turns it gives a kick so I
will be fitting a bike tyre soon however I did take this down dirt tracks for about 200ks with potholes, wheel ruts,
loose gravel, fallen trees ect. and it fallowed behind the bike beautifully if I had a two wheel trailer it would not
have made that trip.

12Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty New Member Intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
G'day Cupid, welcome to this great forum. Very interesting trailer in that it is very different to the one on Gumtree a few months ago in the Albury area. The Albury trailer was also single wheel which was fitted at the rear of the trailer and the trailer body shape was cylindrical. All in all it's got me scratching my head this one wheel trailer bit. Cheers Tom

13Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:36 pm

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Kupid
                       That's a top looking rig mate, the Krew have a ride coming up in February >  Snowy Mountains 2016  A good opportunity to meet some of the Krew if you can make it.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

14Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum from a little north of you. I would be interested to find out whether you needed an engineer to pass your rig.

15Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:08 pm

cupid

cupid
Before I bought the trailer I went on the VicRoads web site but coulden't find any info about towing a trailer
behind a bike.  I rung them after about 2hrs on the phone they told me that in vic  as long as the trailer is 6x4 or less I dident need any rego or anything. so I got them to send me a (exempt trailer) number plate that matched my bike stuck it on and I have never had an problems.

16Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:25 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Be a bit careful on that 6x4 or smaller because I know from years of making trailers and 6 months working for LDK in Shepparton that in Victoria the trailer does not need to be registered if it is for non comercial use and is as wide or narrower than the towing vehicle excluding the mirrors on the towing vehicle.
Find out about that as it may well have been changed and get them to quote the relevant part of legislation that refers to your trailer.
I was originally told that there is no specific width for a trailer towed by a motorcycle and that the same rules apply as for towing a trailer with a car, which is 2.5mtrs. It was many years later that a friend found a 1949 piece of legislation regarding towing with a motorcycle and the width is 1220mm wide and 2700mm long including the drawbar and coupling. The Queensland government didn't even know its own legislation.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

17Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:51 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Kupid, We have quite a few Krew here with many miles of trailer experience to share, much more than I . Thought some additional info might be worth reading so you too can enjoy the added benefit of a Kart behind your K.
 Ideally keep the load light and low , and ball weight minimal , around 15-20kg.
 the tyre you are running at present looks like a 10 inch boat wheel , and should not exceed around 20psi, not sure how easy it will be to adapt a bike tyre , considering the diameter and the offset. Are rounded 10 or 12 inch tyres available? You may be currently experiencing a slight " Darkside " effect with the flatter style .
And as mentioned by Smithy , Bill has put together a ride to the Snowy's in Feb . Be good to see a few extra K's there , for an assault on the Kozzie Peak.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
new member intro 10_x_110

18Back to top Go down   new member intro Empty Re: new member intro Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:45 am

cupid

cupid
I would love to do the ride unfortunately the bikes off the road undergoing some overdue tlc.

my trailer is only small 550mm W x 1380mm L x 670mm H and weighs only 36kg
It has 8" rim fitted with hd trailer tyre max load is 760lbs or 345kg at 90 psi or 620 kpa

it has a compliance plate and vin number,
axel group load carrying capacity 250kg
aggregate trailer mass 190kg
not sure what that means.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum