BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:05 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Take one patch of diesel and add a flying brick moving at 55mph:

Tough old boots.... P1000878m

Tough old boots.... P1000879m

Tough old boots.... P1000880m

Tough old boots.... P1000881m

Then take the same patch of diesel and add four cars, at which point it starts to get messy. One through a hedge and into a field, one through a field gate and into a ditch and two splattered on the other side of the road. Very messy. I've never seen so many bits of car strewn down the road.

Total damage to me, believe it or not, is one large bruise on my left hip where I hit the road. The armouring in my clothing did its job superbly. What amuses the hell out of me (genuinely) is that it's going to cost more to replace my clothing than it will to fix the brick. Given that the patch of diesel had been previously reported to the local council by the police and the council did nothing, the insurance company think this accident will show up as a 'no fault'. Best bit of that? The council's gritting/sanding depot is less than two miles form the crash site.

Bruising only to all the other drivers and passengers too. Some very lucky people last night.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

2Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:12 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Hopefully you are OK?!
Shit happens, could be worse.

I wish you all the best
Cheers

3Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:00 am

Ringfad

Ringfad
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry to hear about this but you have survived to tell the tale.

I have a spare silencer for your bike if you need one  (in Killough at the moment - so not far from you)

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 105K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 60K Km     ;BMW;  K1100RS Black 1996       ;BMW; K1 Blue 1990 25K Miles

4Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:58 am

Dave

Dave
It's harder to fix people than bikes. Glad you're OK(ish).

1987 K100rs
2009 R1200R

5Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:22 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Ringfad wrote:Sorry to hear about this but you have survived to tell the tale.

I have a spare silencer for your bike if you need one  (in Killough at the moment - so not far from you)
I've collected some scrape marks at the back of the silencer but, being stainless steel, it's nothing I'd complain about. Thank you for the offer, Simon.

It was odd, but as soon as I hit the road and started sliding rather than rolling I knew I was going to walk away from it all. I followed LFB down the road and watched it transit from one carriageway to the other trailing a shower of sparks from the crashbars. First thought was:

'Oh f*ck, not again'

followed by

'When the hell is that going to stop sliding? I'm going to stop before it stops'

and then

'I hope nothing comes the other way before it does'.

It was a blind bend, you see. I wasn't worried about being hit from behind because I hadn't seen any traffic behind me for the last four miles. The only thing that really bugs me is how did the gear lever get sheered off like that? For that one item, what could have been a screw-off, screw-on repair is now a major stripdown.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California

6Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Ringfad

Ringfad
Life time member
Life time member
I also have a spare lever - but on closure examination of your photos it looks like you need a gearbox.

Good luck with the rebuild.

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 105K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 60K Km     ;BMW;  K1100RS Black 1996       ;BMW; K1 Blue 1990 25K Miles

7Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Nigel T

Nigel T
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Dai,

Sorry to read about your off and glad you are ok. Interesting to see how the crash bars took some of the impact. I guess they could not protect the fairing and silencer but do you reckon the cylinder head would have been seriously damaged without them?
Bit of an excuse to put some more SE bits on the bike now?!!!

Best of luck with your healing and bike repairs!
Regards
Nigel

8Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry to hear of the mishap but glad that you're ok.  Hope you are still feeling alright tomorrow, as sometimes it may take a day or so for the shock to wear off.

Not sure how these things are handled over there.  Will the council pay for your damages?

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

9Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hope you pull up OK over the next couple of days Dai and the Council comes to the party with the costs.

That gearbox damage sure is interesting - you would think the lever would bend/break before the shaft.

Did you find the diesel patch before or after the cars?

10Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Point-Seven-five wrote:Sorry to hear of the mishap but glad that you're ok.  Hope you are still feeling alright tomorrow, as sometimes it may take a day or so for the shock to wear off.

Not sure how these things are handled over there.  Will the council pay for your damages?

Not directly. My insurance level is what is called 'fully comprehensive' i.e. whatever the cause of the accident (my fault or not), the insurance pays out immediately. If the underwriters then think they stand a good chance of recovering their money from the other party, they will take the legal action and I'm not involved. 

Next insurance level down is 'third party, fire and theft'. In this case if the accident is clear-cut not my fault, the underwriters will chase the other party for the claim. If the fault is not clear cut, the two insurance underwriters may go 'knock-for-knock' i.e. you pay my claim and I'll pay yours. Either way, I have to wait for the other party to pay up. If the accident is in any way my fault, tough shit.

Most people have TPFT because when you're younger, FC can come in at twice the premium. At my age (56 going 57) the difference is minimal - about thirty pounds more than TPFT (£283pa IIRC and that covers the brick, my Cali and the Bandit).

Should this accident be classed as 'no fault' (because the police reported the diesel patch to the council earlier in the day and no action was taken to deal with it), then my insurance premium will not be affected. However, the local council are very well known for wriggling out of most legal action involving motor vehicles. As it happens, because my insurance is due in three weeks time and the mess will not be sorted out by then, the accident will be classified as 'at fault' for the time being and I can look forward to a hike in the insurance premium price. If the final result is a 'no fault' then the price hike will be recinded at next renewal but no refund.

Gaz80 wrote:Hope you pull up OK over the next couple of days Dai and the Council comes to the party with the costs.

That gearbox damage sure is interesting - you would think the lever would bend/break before the shaft.

Did you find the diesel patch before or after the cars?
The first car found the diesel patch a couple of hours before I did and ended up backwards through the hedge (hence my comment about the police reporting it to the council). The next two appeared after LFB and I had quit sliding and stopped to help. The fourth car to hit the patch was heading in the same direction as me and just lost it. She came across the road, hit the two helpers and bounced back through the gate and into the ditch. The girl was not speeding or doing anything stupid; in fact at that point she would have been mentally in 'slow down and stop' mode anyway because she was picking her father up from a point about one hundred yards further on.

11Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Tough old boots Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
G'day Dai, very sorry to hear about yous mishap and glad to hear you are ok. Is your motorcycle clothing and helmet covered by your insurance policy? Cheers Tom

12Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
good to hear you are still mobile Dai . LFB on the other hand may need some TLC time. could be a chance to redesign and freshen the image. I hear naked has its benefits too.
Hope the insurances are not too messy for you and you can get back to the enjoyment of riding LFB soon .

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Tough old boots.... 10_x_110

13Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Tom: they're on separate insurance which for £23.50pa pays out £1000 max. Close inspection today shows only my trousers, gloves and boots took relatively minor damage but that's almost the full payout on those items alone. There isn't a mark on my crash helmet and just mud on my jacket. If it wasn't for the fact that the damage to the trousers has punctured the goretex lining and on my boots has punctured the sheltex lining (rendering both non-waterproof at those points) I'd just replace the armouring and carry on using them. You get what you pay for: I had that spectacularly proved last night.

Grover: You won't believe this, but at about 20.00 tonight a courier dropped off a large box which contains an entire RS top fairing complete with Powerbronze flip screen. Shame there's no lowers with it! Very Happy

14Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:22 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Bad luck there Dai!

Makes you think of what would've happen if you weren't wearing the gear.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

15Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:34 am

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
Nightmare scenario!

Surely the insurance company will see the gearbox and fairing damage, laugh and immediately write the bike off? If you then buy it back off them for pennies you could be quids in.. Shame about the work required though.

16Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
I've already priced the parts from Motorworks. Including a s/h gearbox the total is £670.63 and of that, the gearbox is £245. I am the authorised repair shop, so labour costs don't come into it (although the last time I did an authorised repair on one of my own bikes, the insurance assessor insisted on paying me £20ph!!!!). The only problem with the bike being written off is the category they put it into. If it's Cat.D then no problems. If it's Cat.C then it can go back on the road but I have to suffer putting it through an SVA which legally then makes it a new bike (!!!), so it has to be given a new registration. I can 'apply for the old registration' though.

Insofar as the gearbox is concerned, ebay will almost certainly be my friend. I'm going to start taking LFB apart tomorrow, ostensibly to 'check for further damage' but in reality, the Dragon's only five weeks away. It will be faster repairing LFB than trying to finish Brick2 - eight hours is all I need to replace the gearbox, crashbars and fairing.

17Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
Ah right, seems it's all in hand!

I was always under the impression, apparently quite wrongly, that Cat C bikes could go straight back on the road. Something to bear in mind if I'm ever tempted by a project or if it happens to me..

And what's wrong with the crash bars? They look to be in perfick nick to me Cool

18Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Shep

Shep
Life time member
Life time member
Pleased to hear you survived with minimum bruising from the bump and  slide and that no other car interfered with your slide. I have only slid my K once up to now and it was an accumulation of grease and oil  at an intersection. I was on a short (less than 10 minute ride to work) and realized from that incident that the protection you get from a full riding suit (as time consuming as it is) can be priceless.
In the last picture your left hand mirror appears to have a different mounting arrangement than mine, between the mirror and the fairing.  The steel with the nipples on both my K bikes is against the fairing whereas yours shows shows an insert against the fairing with the mounting steel on the outside of that plastic insert. Does this help you avoid seeing your elbows and shoulders in the mirror by pushing the mirror out slightly? Does this help eliminate some of the mirror vibration which I have quite often with my mirrors?
May you and yours (your bike that is) have an expeditious recovery.
Shep

19Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
I read somewhere (probably here) that the extenders for the mirrors were an aftersales item. If so, it must have been a popular aftersales item because the last three RS fairing uppers that I have bought have come equipped with them. I've never noticed any mirror vibration so yes, it sounds like it helps in that department but I can still see a good half of my hands (not elbows) in both mirrors.

20Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Born Again Eccentric

Born Again Eccentric
Life time member
Life time member
Dai,

Glad to hear that you are Ok after your off. 

Not much you can do if you hit a patch of diesel like that - especially when the weather is perfect for making it as slippery as possible (very mild and very wet). It's that heart sinking "Oh Sh*t" moment when you realise that you're going down and there's nothing you can do to stop it and you just know that something's going to get broken. At least it wasn't you that was broken and you were able to walk away with a few bruises. 

Good luck with the LFB rebuild - as you'll have seen, there are are quite a few gear boxes of LFB's vintage on eBay - some come with swing arm and final drive (and I assume drive shaft too). Most for a reasonable price, but a few chancers too. 

Oh, well, I guess it means you get some quality bonus time in the garage nursing LFB back to health. Hope you've got heating in there - the cold weather is on it's way (apparently).

"Heidi" K100LT 1991 (Grey) (VIN 0190172 Engine No. 104EB 2590 2213) - 5th owner. January 2014 (34,000 - 61,000 miles and counting....)
"Gretel" K100LT 1989 (Silver Grey) (VIN 0177324 Engine No. 104EA 2789 2211) - 4th+ owner. September 2015 (58,500miles and counting....). Cat C Insurance write-off rebuild Feb 17
"Donor" K100LT 1990 (Red)  (VIN 0178091 Engine No. 4489 2024) - 6th & final owner (crash write-off now donor bike).   June 2012 (73,000 miles) to November 2013 (89,500 miles)

21Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Hey!

The gearbox could be less expensive.
This one could be fine, shipping isn't to expensive, there are a few more in Germany.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/89-92-K-100-75-1100-RS-RT-LT-89V1-GEARBOX-/361450461721?hash=item5428205a19:g:eJYAAOSwSHZWcTYj

Shipping from Germany is
20kg = 31,99€ with DHL
31,5kg = 43,99€ with DHL
I have a spare gearbox and could check the weight

Anyway luck repairing, so you'll be back on the street in spring :-)
Cheers

22Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:49 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Dai

Sorry to hear bout the off, hope it all turns out ok.

Tough old boots...are they the ones the cat pissed in last year??

Olaf

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

23Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Dai,
Sorry to hear about this and glad that you are OK.
It seems that the big auxiliary light may have protected the fairing.
Good luck with the repair.

40 years ago, the same thing happened to me when I was going to a motorcycle rally in Lahr (Germany). Came into a curve at a pretty decent speed and when I realized that it was an oil patch, I didn't have time to even say "Oh sh**t" as the bike was already sliding on the ground.
Here is the funny part of the story:
When I was filling up the accident report with the German police, a friend (from France) stopped . He took the cops about 200 ft from the accident site and pointed to them a BMW car parked on the side of the road. About 1/2 hour earlier, this guy lost the oil drain plug and my friend stopped him to let him know.
This was real luck and the insurance of the car driver reimbursed all repairs and our clothing.

24Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Olaf - as it happens, yes. Razz

I've located a gearbox from the same guy I'm going to India with; it should be here by the end of the week along with a new pair of auxiliary lights. LFB will be stripped and ready by then (I hope), so unless Murphy puts in yet another appearance LFB could be back on the road as soon as next Monday. That is, if the insurance assessor has been by then.

BAE: when the backend twitched my initial thought was 'Puncture! - I've picked up another bloody nail! Keep the power on and get out of this damn bend before the tyre goes flat.' Then the front wheel twitched, followed by the back one again, followed by me thinking 'oh f*ck not again'. It's amazing how much can go through your mind in such a short time. This is actually the second time I've walked away from a 55mph crash; well, last time I limped away from it with a hole in my knee. This starting to look like a habit. Tough old boots.... 44271

Bert: nice story!!!! Very Happy

25Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:33 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Good to hear you survived without serious injury Dai.
Hit an oily patch myself a couple of weeks ago but was going in pretty much in a straight line at the time. A bit disconcerting feeling both wheels lose traction to say the least.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Tough old boots.... Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

26Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:40 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Dai wrote:Thanks Olaf - as it happens, yes. Razz

I've located a gearbox from the same guy I'm going to India with; it should be here by the end of the week along with a new pair of auxiliary lights. LFB will be stripped and ready by then (I hope), so unless Murphy puts in yet another appearance LFB could be back on the road as soon as next Monday. That is, if the insurance assessor has been by then.

BAE: when the backend twitched my initial thought was 'Puncture! - I've picked up another bloody nail! Keep the power on and get out of this damn bend before the tyre goes flat.' Then the front wheel twitched, followed by the back one again, followed by me thinking 'oh f*ck not again'. It's amazing how much can go through your mind in such a short time. This is actually the second time I've walked away from a 55mph crash; well, last time I limped away from it with a hole in my knee. This starting to look like a habit. Tough old boots.... 44271

Bert: nice story!!!! Very Happy

The cat and the boots was a good luck thing, an extra life. Good to see the humour is intact too.

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

27Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:38 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Glad to hear you are okay "Diesel" not nice at all hope you get the bike sorted soon, Take care.

D

28Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Born Again Eccentric

Born Again Eccentric
Life time member
Life time member
Dai wrote:BAE: when the backend twitched my initial thought was 'Puncture! - I've picked up another bloody nail! Keep the power on and get out of this damn bend before the tyre goes flat.' Then the front wheel twitched, followed by the back one again, followed by me thinking 'oh f*ck not again'. It's amazing how much can go through your mind in such a short time. This is actually the second time I've walked away from a 55mph crash; well, last time I limped away from it with a hole in my knee. This starting to look like a habit. Tough old boots.... 44271
I hate that front end twitch feeling. I had a bit of a buttock clenching moment a few weeks back, when going to work on a dark wet morning, thanks to one of the local farmers who try to transfer as much mud from their fields onto the road with their tractors as they can. The Wurzzles round these parts aren't the brightest bunch at the best of times ("I can't read and I can't write, but I can drive a Trac'or") and for some reason, they and the local council seem to think it is acceptable to put up a mud on road or slippery road sign rather than just cleaning up their mess (often, they don't even bother with the sign and let the mud speak for itself). It doesn't help though when the sign is placed immediately after a bend and just yards away from the hazard, and even worse when you are being dazzled by on coming traffic headlights. Fortunately, it was in a 40 mph limit and I hit the mud (big slimy, knobbly lumps) reasonably straight on and fairly slowly, but it still had me skating about trying to keep the bike upright as first the front slipped and then the back. Plenty of "Oh Sh*t"ing going on along with a few other choice expletives until I got past the muddy section. In a car, you are supposed to steer into the skid to regain control -  that is kind of hard on a bike as you tend to be leaning the wrong way at the start of the skid and trying to steer the front wheel the opposite way with the handlebars would quickly make everything a lot worse.

Probably a good time to try and kick your "habit" - 3rd time is not always so lucky.

"Heidi" K100LT 1991 (Grey) (VIN 0190172 Engine No. 104EB 2590 2213) - 5th owner. January 2014 (34,000 - 61,000 miles and counting....)
"Gretel" K100LT 1989 (Silver Grey) (VIN 0177324 Engine No. 104EA 2789 2211) - 4th+ owner. September 2015 (58,500miles and counting....). Cat C Insurance write-off rebuild Feb 17
"Donor" K100LT 1990 (Red)  (VIN 0178091 Engine No. 4489 2024) - 6th & final owner (crash write-off now donor bike).   June 2012 (73,000 miles) to November 2013 (89,500 miles)

29Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Good gear obviously Dai. Glad you survived with minor injuries only. 

Damned annoying but no bother fixing the bike to a man of your skills!

Last edited by 88KE on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

30Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:06 pm

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I cant understand how the crashbar stayed intact, each time I dropped my bike I lost the crashbar, must be my mounts fail to easily

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

31Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Re: Tough old boots.... Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:06 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
It didn't Very Happy Both lower mounts sheered and the top mount went part way through. The rear crashbar leg wrapped itself behind the front leg and both wrapped themselves around the engine. There's a light mark lower front of the cambox where it hit the ground - that was the total engine damage.

32Back to top Go down   Tough old boots.... Empty Dai Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:35 am

glenncpw

glenncpw
Sorry to hear about your prang, but glad to hear you are O k. These things do scare the bejesus out of you though. I am more convinced than ever to wear all the gear now. All the Best

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum