BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:07 am

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
Check this 5 min video out, it has a little teardrop camper we all can tow behind out bikes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z7QnNkMgF0
Simple and well thought out, just the shot for one to use as the ultimate off the ground bed when camping.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

2Back to top Go down    Re: Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:41 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Ah come on now...how did you keep a straight face when you were posting that?

An advert for tractors.......

Actually its a brilliant piece of kit.

88KE we need to be getting on with towbars.........we will need those trailers for old age.......

3Back to top Go down    Re: Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:44 am

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
So far the only flaw I could find in the whole video was that none of us were towing it with our bikes.
Sure beats climbing out of asleeping bagon the ground don't it. Very Happy

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

4Back to top Go down    Re: Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:52 am

duck

Life time member
Life time member
I use a LuxuryLite cot to stay off of the ground. Very compact when packed and only 3 lbs 2 oz.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
93 K1100RS
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

5Back to top Go down    Re: Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:16 am

Life time member
Life time member
Great simple idea and design, Although the open nature of it would need some further developmnet here.

These have now gone into formal production and there is a detailed thread on the ADV rider forum.

I had some contact with the designer/owner and whereas he doesn't do plans he did suggest there was no impediment to building a similar one outside the U.S., where he holds a design patent.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick!
Mods: k1100 screen and stands

K1100rs 1995, Remus exhaust.

6Back to top Go down    Re: Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:28 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
88KE wrote:where he holds a design patent.
He might be pushed to get that recognised. I've been reading these guys on and off for years (Teardrops N Tiny Trailers): http://tnttt.com/.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

7Back to top Go down    Re: Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:22 am

Life time member
Life time member
@Dai wrote:
88KE wrote:where he holds a design patent.
He might be pushed to get that recognised. I've been reading these guys on and off for years (Teardrops N Tiny Trailers): http://tnttt.com/.
The patent is a done deal Dai. I saw copies of the cert online.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick!
Mods: k1100 screen and stands

K1100rs 1995, Remus exhaust.

8Back to top Go down    Re: Tiny Camper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:22 pm

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
The Luxurylite is a nice little cot. Duck Very Happy

The copying of his design is fine so far as you are not intending to sell any, anyone can copy and use for ourselves. Just going into competition with him is patent protected? No?

The sliding draw bar isn't new, been used for multi use utility trailers. The concertina bed isn't new, been done in camping before. But Joining the two together in a micro camper for our bikes?, I can recall a motorbike trailer that had a steel drawer that slid forward over the drawbar and enables the rider to sleep on it or in it, but it was primarily larger than this one.
Its cute, its do-able and small enough for one to sleep on too. Any bed higher than a milk crate is a winner with me.

Certainly doing a double bed version and towed behind some of those little shopping trolley cars would see many out camper traileringrather than tenting it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum