BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    First ride out of the year on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:01 pm

playlikewedream

Silver member
Silver member
Hi Guys,

After sorting out the starter motor problems, fitting the new battery and fixing the abs problems, I now have no fault lights showing yeepee . So today I took her out for her first run of the year, which considering its Ireland is great to be out so early, the weather was beautiful lots of sunshine although low in the sky and a little blinding at times it felt great to blow the winter cobwebs away and she performed really well no issues just lots of winding roads and a short stop off at a very famous watering hole. see photo. hope to see the eccentrics at Stradbally Fayre on the 19th.

Cheers

Pat.

;BMW; K1 1990 Laguna Blue and Yellow ;BMW;

Its not about the journey or the destination, it's about the friends you make on the way.

2Back to top Go down    Re: First ride out of the year on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Trapper

Silver member
Silver member
Fantastic to see a gleaming K1 out and about so early in the year. A fitting tribute to a beautiful day;-))

Trapper

3Back to top Go down    firat ride out on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:20 pm

playlikewedream

Silver member
Silver member
Hi Trapper

Thanks it really was a great day.

Cheers.

Its not about the journey or the destination, it's about the friends you make on the way.

4Back to top Go down    Re: First ride out of the year on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:53 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member

That looks like a very short outing, not much of a run to that place unless you did as Stephen did the day we were up Sally Gap with Indian036.....road was closed at one point so he took the long way home and thought we wouldn't notice.

There is usually an inability to pass that particular watering hole on a sunny day.......

Looking forward to 19th.....!!

5Back to top Go down    Re: First ride out of the year on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:28 pm

playlikewedream

Silver member
Silver member
Not such a short outing, was out for two hours, the stop off was just a photo opportunity.

6Back to top Go down    Re: First ride out of the year on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Fair play Pat you're ahead of the rest of us. Must have been a tad nippy up there in Glencullen. Looking forward to seeing the work you've done on the 19th.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick! Mods: k1100 screen and stands.
K1: 1990. 6374189. Custom Stealth Black paint.

7Back to top Go down    Re: First ride out of the year on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:43 pm

playlikewedream

Silver member
Silver member
Hi 88

Not cold at all just a bit breezy but did have thermal insert in jacket.
Nice to get out and give her a run all be it not a long haul, the idea was to see if all issues had been resolved and so far so good.

Cheers

Pat

8Back to top Go down    Re: First ride out of the year on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:19 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Good to see you out and about.

I had a non start issue at the end of November, resolved by replacing Hall sensor.....but when I went out Monday in the fabulous sunshine bike cut out twice, when I passed over 2 bumps. Started again but it seems to have a cause in an off road incident avoiding a car on Sunday morning, it came up the narrow hill to my place so quick it was either be impacted head on or take the K to the soft margin that's a bit below the road. The behave like a bucking bronco, especially as it's got big stones under the soft stuff. Miraculously I managed to keep it from going down but it took a mighty shaking short of doinga high side so I think something is disturbed. Saturday is now set aside....

Last 3 months have seen a few jobs done too, tyres, brakes and pads, new seat, brake switches, speedo sensor, some electrical cleaning.......only thing left is a service kit.

9Back to top Go down    Re: First ride out of the year on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:58 am

playlikewedream

Silver member
Silver member
You were lucky you didn't do damage to yourself never mind the bike. Sounds like you did a complete rebuild.
I'd say you'll sort out the shorting problem in time, good luck with it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum