BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You can now order the forum stickers. Login and go to the "members only" forum. This is not available for guests yet....

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Project K on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:56 am

Suurtje74

Hello There

My name's Herman and I'm from the Netherlands.
I enjoy riding a K100RS for 4 years now and last November, winter is coming, I took off everything RS and some more parts.

I'm not very experienced, the K is my 3 bike. I started out with a lucky find: a GL1000ltd, fully hanged with loads of, well, loads of it. I 'restored' it to it's naked beauty as it was supposed to be. To be honest I sold it when it was completely taken apart and in boxes. I was in, way over my head. It turned out it had to many mechanical problems.

My second bike, a VS800 Intruder, was also very complete when I bought it, but nicely 'chopped' when I was done changing her. I can show pictures later on, but I don't want to spend to much time talking about my exes on our first date...

Then I bought a fully dressed K100RS 1988. I guess some people do like the Brick engine. I drove it like that for 3 years and then decided that it is time again to start modifying.

I cannot say I have a name for the looks that I try to create, but if you insist, it is somewhat in-between the line of a café racer / bar hopper / street tracker. Nothing very new, the only thing is I want to be able to take somebody along, my oldest daughter (10) really likes to go along for a ride and I kinda promised that we would still be able to ride together.

Biggest challenges ahead as I see it now, wiring up the new speedo, changing the exhaust, create a duo seat and relocate some necessities.

My main own creation on this bike, will be the seat. Again, for two persons, and I am trying to create something in the line of this rear seat:

I was really glad when I found this picture:

status sofar
I found a nice R1150 Scrambler rear light and have made an initial shape around it using Styrofoam

&

Will update more when more is to be shown!

Greetings
Herman

2Back to top Go down    Re: Project K on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:08 pm

brickrider2

Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the forum, Herman.  That's a nice looking seat, far better than most of the modded ones I've seen.  Good luck with your project.

3Back to top Go down    Re: Project K on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:08 pm

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum, I like the r1150 scrambler seat. I am wondering will people behind you see the light if the seat lifts up at the back like your proposed seat tail section does in the photos, perhaps a change to allow the light to face the rear drivers eyes might be a good idea.
I would keep every bit of the original K100rs body work, as they will be sort (sought) after in time to come.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum