2Back to top Go down    Re: Brake discs on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Hello!

Never heard of the company tsuboss 
171, Archimidou Str., 19400 Koropi. Greece
Before.

The price is real good, since the the oem and replacement disks for a K Bike are way over payed, compared to normal car or other motorcycle disk.

Would be interesting how they work.

Cheers

3Back to top Go down    Re: Brake discs on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Off-road gear
TsuBoss

This forum conversation might be worth reading.
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1479848

Sounds like TsuBoss make wavey discs however the ebay adv describes those as "standard".
Price certainly looks good. Might be worth messaging the seller to make sure they aren't wavey.
cheers

Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

4Back to top Go down    Re: Brake discs on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Snod Blatter

Platinum member
Platinum member
The subtitle of the listing says wavy, bit odd. Anyway, are you supposed to attach these to your old disc carriers yourself? K75s are the same as the 8v K100s when it comes to brakes, right?

5Back to top Go down    Re: Brake discs on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:33 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I would be inclined to give them a go. The price seems to be an honest price and as Chocolate says we have been paying far too much for consumable parts for a long time.

6Back to top Go down    Re: Brake discs on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
@Snod Blatter wrote:The subtitle of the listing says wavy, bit odd. Anyway, are you supposed to attach these to your old disc carriers yourself? K75s are the same as the 8v K100s when it comes to brakes, right?
This is the front disc and carrier (riveted) listed on realoem.com
Part 34111457386 was found on the following vehicles:

It's easy to remove the old disc from the carrier and bolt the new one on.

1. Remove the disc carriers from the wheel (4 bolts).
  2. Using a 4" angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel (not a grinding wheel), cut the rivet heads off from the disc side, NOT the carrier side. You don't want to damage the carrier. A grinding wheel will take ages because the rivets are quite hard but a cutting wheel will slice the flat head off quickly I found. Took me about 15 mins per wheel (I got nowhere fast with drilling). Don't worry about damaging the old disc. Carefully knock the rivet out of the carrier with a drift. Support the carrier to prevent damage and warping.
  3. Use *M6x20mm 304-stainless steel socket head-button head bolts with 304-ss nylock nuts (*you might need to check that size as its off the top of my head and its been a while). Tighten these up incrementally in a cross pattern as you would on an engine head to prevent any warping due to uneven tension. They will need tensioning fairly high. I didn't use lock-tite and mine have been in for 2 years, no problems.
  4. Clean the disc with brake cleaner before fitting.

Re bolts: 304 SS (A2-70) is reasonably high tensile corrosion resistant stainless steel. A4 bolts are slightly higher tensile and more corrosion resistant. Some say you should use titanium. I think that's over kill. Your local bolt shop should be able to find something more than suitable.
My bolts came with the discs and I think they were 304 (A2).

Careful using an angle grinder if you're not used to them. Use protective gear and gloves. Make sure the guard is fitted. 
Story... A good friend of mine works with a trauma surgeon at a major hospital here. A couple of weeks ago a guy was admitted to their A&E with an angle grinder lodged in his neck  affraid. They got it out ok and the guy recovered... just lucky I guess.

Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

7Back to top Go down    Re: Brake discs on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 am

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
Careful using an angle grinder if you're not used to them. Use protective gear and gloves. Make sure the guard is fitted. 
Story... A good friend of mine works with a trauma surgeon at a major hospital here. A couple of weeks ago a guy was admitted to their A&E with an angle grinder lodged in his neck  . They got it out ok and the guy recovered... just lucky I guess.

A common reason people end up in A&E with pieces of angle grinder sticking out of their body is because they remove the guard to put on a larger sized disc.  One that is above the design parameters of the grinder. 

Some cynics would refer to this as natural selection and eligibility for a Darwin Award. 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum