BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
Currently dismantling 2 K100's an 84' RS and an 86 naked. If you need any parts send me an email at blueskies@optusnet.com.au
I am based in Melbourne Australia. The RS has braided brake lines, K & N filter (which are now on fleabay) and some funky racing footpegs. Anyway plenty of spares all round.

Let's see those funky racing footpegs. Send a pic or two to dt@mm.st if you don't mind.
Ta.

ssray

Post a link so us uk guys can see funky stuff to!
Ta
Ray

Finally_A_K

Finally_A_K
Silver member
Silver member
ZeeBob, I might be interested in the final drive kit.
I have an RT which is geared slightly lower, I think the 1 tooth taller RS final would work OK for me to drop cruising rpm's a little.
Any thoughts from the more experienced fellaz?

Rick

Bruce

Bruce
Silver member
Silver member
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGUH!! you guys are killing me!! why can't someone part out an RS in North America!! Need bits, just can't afford 800 bucks for shipping from OZ or EU!! Gotta go bang my head against a wall in frustration.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Lots more of these bikes outside North America than inside... for once the rest of the world has a better supply...

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
Sorry for the delay fellers, I have been working all weekend. Will get you some photos shortly as soon as the battery in camera is re charged. Monday today, no work for me....nice. Couple of things I have noticed in dismantling my old bike (and a donor bike) and re-building my new one...

K100 mufflers are extremely heavy
The old rear guard fits better on the later model bike than the one built for it.
Later model ignition switches are incredibly difficult to remove
All the plugs have changed
4 valves are better than 2
It is a much easier and more relaxed ride on the later moder 4 valve RS than the old RT
Aftermarket Shockers can make a huge difference in dynamics and handling but the standard shocker is a much more comfortable ride. (I have fitted a Koni which came off the 84 RS)
Shorter shockers make it much harder to get the bike on the centre stand
These K100's are a bloody tough bike. I dropped the old RT twice with barely a scratch to the bike (note here for you) I had bark busters from a R1100GS fitted which did a wonderful job of protecting levers etc.) The "new" bike is a 90' RS which had taken a pretty serious hit. None of the fairing was salvagable, the gear lever was broken, the tank, seat and rear guard were "cactus" and there were scratches on the forks and sump cover but no fork damage no engine damage and nothing else of a serious nature. Replace the tank and seat strip off the old fairing and put on a headlight and some blinkers and she's back on the road.

The old tank and fuel pump will fit straight on and is easily wired in ( the wires are the same colours and the old ignition can also be wired in by passing the almost impossible to get out ignition on the 90 model.

Apparently the 4 valve runs a higher volume fuel pump but the old pump works fine up to about 6000rpm and I don't generally need to rev it higher than that. Will change the pump over eventually and enjoy those extra revs.

Anyway this is probably not the place to rabbit on about being as this is the parts for sale forum. Will post some pics of those racing footpegs soon. Cheers

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
Just a note the new bike came sans a key. I have had one cut that fits the petrol cap, after cutting the cap out of the old tank, but it wont do the ignition. The locksmith can do it but it means leaving the bike with him for the day and haven't managed that yet.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Cant the BMW dealer have a new key cut from the serial numer on the frame?

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
Oh Yeah dealer can but when he sucked air in through his teeth and said "ooh mate that's gonna hafta come from Germany" I knew the stories I'd been told of outrageous prices were true. Locksmith will do it for $50, BMW I am told will be about $250...

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
Here's those photos I promised. Racing footpegs, oil pressure gauge and pick up, and what turned out to be a Staintune exhaust ( was told it was a Luftmeisser when I bought it) All came off the 84 RS. The guy I bought it from also claims he had worked the motor with high comp pistons etc. and that it would pull a wheelstand easily. He also claimed to have had it around the Phillip Island circuit in under 2mins, which would be a pretty good effort. Even though I am dubious of such claims the back tyre on this bike certainly looks like it has been smoking and he is an engineer and is involved in racing bikes. So if anyone wants a hot rod motor for their K100? The black and orange bike is my new ride. Cheers

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
Are these photos posting..? Rolling Eyes

ZeeBob

ZeeBob
Just read Crazy Frogs tutorial on how to host pictures. Will put them up on the photo forum Very Happy

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
@ZeeBob wrote:Oh Yeah dealer can but when he sucked air in through his teeth and said "ooh mate that's gonna hafta come from Germany" I knew the stories I'd been told of outrageous prices were true. Locksmith will do it for $50, BMW I am told will be about $250...
Alright. Here in Canada I'm told it's under $50.

Club_c is to be commended for his willingness to come to the aid of a fellow K-bike aficionado! Quickly too. I've bought a coupla things from him that have turned out to be better than advertised. Today, the petrol cap rocked up in the post and within fifteen minutes, after some good old fashioned elbow grease and a dab of the petroleum kind, I had the lock cylinder out of my broken cap working in the secondhand cap assembly he sent to me, back together, fitted to my bike as slick as a ranga's snot. Works a charm.

Now I don't have to concern myself with the distraction of wearing a crotch full of freezing cold BP 98 premium at every roundabout. Thanks heaps, Chris! Currently dismantling 2 K100's an 84' RS and an 86 naked Star3

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
TWB, I'd love to take the kudos, but not sure I've sold you any K parts??? I'm more in the collection phase myself. What do you think I sold you???

What's a ranga?

'Pologies, C_c, I meant ZB but obviously didn't have me glasses on while looking at the list!

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
CC, ZB, yes I can see the similarity! Wink Remember how good we were before all these 'age-ments'?

otto59

Silver member
Silver member
You guys down under always seem to have the stuff I need. Wonder what it would cost to ship a center/side stand over to protest torn and burning Canada?

tunza60

tunza60
Silver member
Silver member
Hey Zeebob, what parts you got left?..if any.
tunza

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum