BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
I build and restore my bikes out of interest, to have something a little different and out of necessity to get what I want. I like to think that I do a reasonable job with the few skills I have and then I came across this video with Jay Leno.
I feel like burying my bikes in a big hole up the garden after watching Jay Leno interview Larry Romestant. This guy is clever!

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Looks like a shock on the left side rear, not to mention a different fame set up. Looks good though.

charlie99

VIP
VIP
if you saw all the things that larry has done to this bike you really would be amazed
very impressive engineering  and love of the thing he is doing.

I read recently ...he is selling all his k bikes ...for  another undisclosed project venture

"Actually, the entire collection will be up for sale soon (including K/Agusta) through Bator International, it's time to clean out the garage and start fresh with new projects. They will all be sorely missed"

cant wait for the details of the New project s?

bloody marvellous

best wishes to larry

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Two Wheels Better

http://www.k100-forum.com/t9324-the-art-of-bike

Check this thread from a year and bit ago. The bike is amazing. Pardon the crap piccie of 'the man' and his wife. He was a very interesting and humble person to become acquainted with.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '89 K100 Big Block K12, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R & '07 K1200R

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
Yes, a very interesting man. I wish I had the money to bid on Kagusta, but alas no.

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
I wouldn't be burying your bikes anytime soon Mike, the K was more a result of the big four of Japan than the Augusta. Try the Z1 1000cc of the late 70's for the true fodder crop for the K we have.
In essence doing a four into four in the Z theme and a different Z like tail piece might be of the right kind of stuff.
Someone should have seeded this idea in Larry's head before he decided to decamp to another project.
Pity we may have to await the Café crowd to produce one.
Larry's work is visually splendid and I for one could well do with a K75 similar to his wife's bike, just a top bit of kit either way you look at his work. The Augusta bike is just telling us, we do love the four into fours.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum