BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Honeymoon in Ireland- sans Ice Queen on Wed May 11, 2016 10:27 am

td5

Silver member
Silver member
HI Folks,
Were making the trip from Perth Australia were we live, to Bonnie Scotland where Im from, to get Married and
my Irish Rose of Tralee wants to show me the Irish Isles.
We will be in the Kerry region between the 17th and the 25th of August this year.
I did suggest we take my Ice Queen (K100Rs) with us, but alas I'm afraid a pint will have to do.
If anyone is around during this time let me know and we can meet up and have a beer.
Cheers
Mike

2Back to top Go down    Re: Honeymoon in Ireland- sans Ice Queen on Wed May 11, 2016 11:33 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Ha you might regret that invitation. Does that mean free Guinness at the wedding for all Eccentrics?

Its a lovely idea and you will definitely enjoy it.

We normally have a meet up on the Saturday after the August Bank Holiday and it would not take a lot of persuasion to get us down that direction for 21st or 22nd August or alternatively some time during the week.

Your first geography lesson is that none of the Eccentrics is more than 4-41/2 hours ride away from you and Kerry has some whopping roads off the beaten track. Born Again Eccentric doesn't need much excuse to hop on a ferry for a visit either. Bjorn is away that time so that's him ruled out.

I am about 2 hours from Tralee and sure we would make that an evening trip. One sunny Friday evening in 2013 I took a lift down to Tralee to look at a K100RT and promptly rode it home.

Since there will be two of you I guess wandering off on your own for a day or two is kind of out of the question but there are some nice places for a meet up and wander about. Muckross House and estate at Killarney comes to mind. It's a touristy place but worth a visit...particularly its associations with Queen Victoria. Killarney town I wouldn't bother with but Muckross is a favourite and from there across to Kenmare and over to Sneem. There is a little place off the road between Kenmare and Sneem called Rossdohan Pier and you should go to it.

Have you sorted where you are staying? Flight arrangements? Depending on flights if not booked you can do Etihad or Emirates into Dublin [DUB] with just one stop and then pick up a car at the airport and drive to Tralee. To me that is by far the best bet.All other options with British Airways or KLM or any others will land you in UK or mainland Europe and do a short haul possibly code share Aer Lingus to Kerry Airport or horror of horrors a separateflight with Ryanair who will treat you like crap and fleece you for baggage charges.

How long is your overall visit? A few other places as well? Keep in touch and we can work something out. Might even manage to send some puddings back for a WA Kristmas Gathering.

Olaf

3Back to top Go down    Re: Honeymoon in Ireland- sans Ice Queen on Wed May 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
Oh dear - people do pick dates that rule me out - what do you all know that I don't? Sad Sad I'll be in India, hopefully not falling off a Royal Oilfield somewhere in the Himalayas.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

4Back to top Go down    Re: Honeymoon in Ireland- sans Ice Queen on Wed May 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Corkboy

Platinum member
Platinum member
I'd be game to combine it with a K ride out/meet up/overnight.

You can rent bikes in Ireland if you were so inclined as well.

As Olaf said, some cracking roads around Cork/Kerry region. And it might even be Sunny, it is August after all.

Corkboy '87 K100RS 0140995 (Gone)
'97 K1100LT 0188024
'08 Transalp 700

5Back to top Go down    Re: Honeymoon in Ireland- sans Ice Queen on Wed May 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Life time member
Life time member
@Corkboy wrote:...... And it might even be Sunny, it is August after all.
Are you taking the Pi$$ Corkboy???? Laughing Laughing It's August and the Southwest...what could possibly go wrong????

@ TD5 it's a little far out for my visibility on the domestics but I could be tempted to take an overnight or camping weekend in the region so for now I'm penciling in that date and will fight to hold it

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick!
Mods: k1100 screen and stands

K1100rs 1995, Remus exhaust.

6Back to top Go down    Re: Honeymoon in Ireland- sans Ice Queen on Wed May 11, 2016 2:28 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
I can't guarantee the Sunday 22nd as its my sons birthday and we usually have some get together, that is if he has not decided to take a weekend off somewhere. But definitely a meet up!!

Dai, perhaps you keep an eye out your window but remember, when visiting the Empire itsPort Outward, Starboard Homeward, abbreviated to POSH!! All so you don't have the tropical sun blazing in on you. Corkboy might appreciate if you leave a little sun for him back here.

Now where's that Royal Oilfield?

7Back to top Go down    Re: Honeymoon in Ireland- sans Ice Queen on Wed May 11, 2016 2:30 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
As for TD5 and his travels I have encountered in Tralee a K with a difference in the form of a Grinall Scorpion. And, just to annoy Dai it sits with some red across the frame V twins.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum