BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Greetings from Costa Rica on Wed May 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Filmcamera

Hello everybody,

A week ago I brought my first ever BMW - a 1991 K100RS that had been sitting in someones garage for two years or so. The owner is leaving CR so had to sell.

It definitely needs some love as so far I have discovered

1. Fan doesn't work so it over heats
2. Speedo doesn't work - but funnily odometer does
3. Fuel gauge doesn't work
4. ABS units missing - though I do have the brain.
5. The Corbin seat just sits there (pardon the pun) it is not in any way connected to the bike!
6. Fork seals leak

However the engine seems strong, all I have done so far is put in a new battery, new fuel pump and filter, and changed all the oils.

Also none of the above seems a huge challenge to fix nor very expensive. Which is good because spares down here are going to be very hard to find and shipping them from the US isn't cheap.

Still I am happy and excited and look forward to bringing this great bike back to full health.

2Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from Costa Rica on Wed May 11, 2016 7:17 pm

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
WelKome to the forum filmcamera.
Sounds like you have a few hours of enjoyable tinkering to bring her up to scratch.
Just do a separate post in the appropriate forum on each of those issues if you need some help. Try using the forum search bar on the portal page as these are all common problems but don't hold back on asking questions.

The 'Latest Topics' on the portal page is the best way to follow EVERYTHING that's happening on the forum.
Cheers

Fuel: 95 Octane
Engine Oil:Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil: Nulon Synthetic 75W90

3Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from Costa Rica on Wed May 11, 2016 8:38 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Greetings from Downunda. You have a great part of BMW history in that model I'm sure you will enjoy the ride once sorted.

4Back to top Go down    Re: Greetings from Costa Rica on Thu May 12, 2016 2:12 am

MadRider

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome! Beautiful color scheme - sky&snow Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum