BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    How much is too much on Sat May 21, 2016 5:04 am

21degrees

I was just looking for bikes on gumtree (our local internet classified adds) and saw a bike for sale with a new clutch..."$6000 AUD thank you very much", sounds a bit over the top to me with no knowledge or experience in replacing said clutch. Here is the entire add...is he fair dinkum or pulling our leg??
Date Listed:17/05/2016

Last Edited:17/05/2016Listing Type:Private seller

Make:BMWModel:R 1200 RT

Displacement (cc):1200Year:2008

KMs:68000Registered:Yes

Registration Number:A 9280Registration Expiry:08/12/2015

Comfortable and reliable tourer with tank bag/top box and side panniers (not shown in pics), new clutch installed 1,000km ago ($6,000 job thank you very much), has owners manual and service book. Looks great and goes even better!

Great bike with loads of power, perfect for someone looking to take that much thought of journey into the wild blue yonder.

Give me a call to find out more or take for a test ride.

Regards

Richard

Last edited by 21degrees on Sat May 21, 2016 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add ??)

2Back to top Go down    Re: How much is too much on Sat May 21, 2016 5:24 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
wow ...that's a fair sort of repair bill

I would be thinking just a few other things were done at the same time ...which he might not have made public ...or even understood

but 6000 for the bike seems about in the ball park ...depending on a few things

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

3Back to top Go down    Re: How much is too much on Sat May 21, 2016 5:42 am

21degrees

Mmmm
I was a bit clumsy with my grammar. The bike is for sale at $9250... the repair was $6000 for clutch...you might be right Charlie about the repair covering other things apart from the clutch. Said bike is for sale in Alice Springs...perhaps clutch was broken by road train T-Boning said bike...ouch!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum