BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   WTB Gas Filler Cap Empty WTB Gas Filler Cap on Tue May 31, 2016 12:22 pm

KyleMB

KyleMB
i have the 85 push button gas cap and it leaks / emits fumes terribly so i need the updated gas filler cap.

send me some photos here or i can PM you my email or tele #

thanks in advance

-K

2Back to top Go down   WTB Gas Filler Cap Empty Filler Cap and Fumes on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:33 pm

elementalfire

elementalfire
A replacement gasket kit 16119062461 may go a long way in remedying your issue although they are getting very hard to find. I am in Canada and had to order one from Hap's Cycle in Sarasota, Florida.

elementalfire

3Back to top Go down   WTB Gas Filler Cap Empty Re: WTB Gas Filler Cap on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:37 pm

KyleMB

KyleMB
@elementalfire wrote:A replacement gasket kit 16119062461 may go a long way in remedying your issue although they are getting very hard to find. I am in Canada and had to order one from Hap's Cycle in Sarasota, Florida.

elementalfire

I plan on getting the rubber ring around the cap mount, but from what I've read the 85 push button caps are notorious for leaking and right now a splitting headache from all the fumes.

4Back to top Go down   WTB Gas Filler Cap Empty Re: WTB Gas Filler Cap on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Flip2

Flip2
Silver member
Silver member
hi to the k100 group after a very long time! my 86krs has the same prob with fumes coming out of the filler cap and is a major deterrent to riding. Kyle mb did the replacement kit solve your issue ? does everything in the repair kit get used or does it vary by model, it looks like there is a seal in the kit my cap doesn't have ( looks as it goes around the lock area) ? any trick to dissamembling the part with the wide thin seal ,gently pry ?

5Back to top Go down   WTB Gas Filler Cap Empty Re: WTB Gas Filler Cap on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:54 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
@KyleMB wrote:i have the 85 push button gas cap and it leaks / emits fumes terribly so i need the updated gas filler cap.

send me some photos here or i can PM you my email or tele #

thanks in advance

-K
PM sent.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

6Back to top Go down   WTB Gas Filler Cap Empty Re: WTB Gas Filler Cap on Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:54 pm

KyleMB

KyleMB
The replacement kit will help if your seals are bad. In my case I ended up getting a new gas cap.
I kept my original lock so all the keys would still be the same and somehow gas occasionally seeps from the key hole. Not sure how to fix that. So seals there.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]