BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Warning light doesn't go out. Empty Warning light doesn't go out. Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:10 am

Danish biker

Danish biker
Platinum member
Platinum member
This morning the warning light didn't go out, as it normally does after using both brakes (abs). What could be wrong?

Warning light doesn't go out. Image_zpszstjz6q4

2Back to top Go down   Warning light doesn't go out. Empty Re: Warning light doesn't go out. Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:24 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That usually means the bulb is faulty or it maybe the brake switch on either front or back lever. It is not an ABS fault as that will flash that light and the ABS light in the speedo.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Warning light doesn't go out. Empty Re: Warning light doesn't go out. Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:31 pm

Danish biker

Danish biker
Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks. It was the rearlight bulp. I was as work and didn't have the manual. As soon as I came home I checked the manual and sure VERY simple. Well there is a first time for everything.

4Back to top Go down   Warning light doesn't go out. Empty Re: Warning light doesn't go out. Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:35 pm

WoodyAUK75

WoodyAUK75
Silver member
Silver member
Don't worry, I was the same the first time I had that problem. I took it to a mechanic thinking I needed brake work and he said " Doesn't that just mean the tail light has blown?" $2.00 later I was right.

5Back to top Go down   Warning light doesn't go out. Empty Re: Warning light doesn't go out. Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Danish biker

Danish biker
Platinum member
Platinum member
WoodyAUK75 wrote:Don't worry, I was the same the first time I had that problem. I took it to a mechanic thinking I needed brake work and he said " Doesn't that just mean the tail light has blown?" $2.00 later I was right.
Ha, ha I was thinking no Oil, no water = engine ruined, or at least new ABS $$$$$$$

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum