BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K1's in SW Florida Empty K1's in SW Florida on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:49 am

rikrok

rikrok
Hello all. My name is Rick. I have been into motorcycles since somewhere in the mid 70's. Over the last few years, I have been into a tear to buy and try about everything out there. Moto Guzzi, Ducati, vintage Honda, Harley, etc. While at a show a year back I ran across a K1 and could not shake the image from my head. About a month ago I started a quest to find one, it had to be red. I found the one I wanted and had it shipped to Florida. While that was in shipment, I ran across a blue one. The owner seemed very negotiable, so I locked onto that one, too. Without even have thrown a leg over one, I had 2 on the way.
   Well, I will tell you this, I am very pleased. I have do have faster more modern bikes, some with a little better handling, and far less leg heat. But once you start checking all the boxes, you can't beat these bikes. Not to mention they are pure eye candy.
   Currently everything is running perfectly with very few cosmetic issues. I will start to troll thru the archives to see what I can pick up. Both bikes are in the mid teens on mileage. If there is anything I should focus on immediately, please let me know.

Thanks All,
Rick

K1's in SW Florida Image110

2Back to top Go down   K1's in SW Florida Empty Re: K1's in SW Florida on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 am

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
Hi Rick welcome from another one.
"If there is anything I should focus on immediately, please let me know."   Riding it, that is what they are meant for.

Rubber components are the biggest problem with any mechanical contraptions of the age of the bricks.
In tank and seals as well as the induction components seem to be the main things.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

3Back to top Go down   K1's in SW Florida Empty Re: K1's in SW Florida on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Mike Bergenstein

Mike Bergenstein
Welcome Rick, very nice eye candy. You were very lucky to find low mileage bricks let alone K1s. Nice find. Best thing I can tell you is to change all fluids regularly. Down here in s.w fl. it is about ro get very uncomfortable on a k-bike as i am sure you already know. You have come to the right place as you will find a wealth of knowledge here at the forum. Again welcome

4Back to top Go down   K1's in SW Florida Empty Re: K1's in SW Florida on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:23 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
A matched set - perfect!

The only real issue (aside from the heat thing which many K bikes experience) is that the K1s have the turning radius of a Mac truck. The only reason I can think of why they did that was to keep the mirrors from hitting the fairing.

Still a very enjoyable K bike ride though.

Here's mine. I think it's a one-of-a-kind.

K1's in SW Florida IMG_3343

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

5Back to top Go down   K1's in SW Florida Empty Re: K1's in SW Florida on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:08 pm

k-rider

k-rider
Life time member
Life time member
Wauw, those are A good looking couple of K1s 

Welcome to the forum. 

K-rider

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum