BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Fun adventure thanks to your help on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Bikesmith

Silver member
Silver member
Hey Everyone!
I owe you all a huge thanks!

My wife gave me a non-running 1985 K100RS for my birthday in March. She knew that's exactly how I'd want it. Who wants a bike that's already running? What's the point? So this bike needed a ton of work. The very abbreviated list is:

• New hall sensor
  • New fuel pump, FP relay, fuel filter
  • Clutch splines and final splines greased
  • Cooling system rebuilt, Spal fan
  • Engine timing
  • New battery, voltage regulator
  • Rebuilt fork and rear shock, all new seals
  • Brakes rebuilt, rear rotor, rear MC piston
  • New final drive ring gear bearing and seal
  • Upgraded wiring, headlight relay
  • All fluids and filters

Because of the endless, generous help of so many people on this forum, I was able to do all of the work (except the rear shock) myself.

As the bike has been getting better and better, I've been riding it more and more. This weekend was my first big adventure on it. I rode from Boulder, CO to Jackson, WY one day and back the next.

It was over a thousand miles in two days, and the bike was flawless. Smooth and powerful, and an absolute blast to ride. SO MUCH FUN!!!

So, thank you! Thanks to all of you who have answered all my stupid questions and made this trip possible. You guys are the best!
-Jon

1985 BMW K100rs
1940 Royal Enfield WD/CO
1968 Honda CL125

2Back to top Go down    Re: Fun adventure thanks to your help on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:37 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
We don't ask stupid questions because a stupid question is one that you dont ask. Laughing

3Back to top Go down    Re: Fun adventure thanks to your help on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:55 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
great to hear jon ....

the sense of achievement is most rewarding

some great pics you have posted for us

ride well mate !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

4Back to top Go down    Re: Fun adventure thanks to your help on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:06 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
@RicK G wrote:We don't ask stupid questions because a stupid question is one that you dont ask. Laughing

This is the best piece of advice!!

Great to see that RS up and running and no doubt a good feeling of achievement. Hope you get some more of these trips in, a K is great for long ones.

Funny how it made me check what's done to my RT since I got it 3 years ago and only 3 items on yours that I haven't done [clutch splines lube, fuel pump, final drive] and the clutch spline lubeis up for doing this winter.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Fun adventure thanks to your help on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:06 am

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
So great to hear that you have the bike running and are enjoying the ride.

You are truly blessed to live out there. I just came back from a two week tour of Montana,Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. 7000 miles altogether with 3000 of them just getting there and back. There are some beautiful rides in Colorado. Rte 50 comes to mind, but almost any squiggly line on the map of the western part of the state will be a great ride. The canyons and mountain passes of Colorado are some of the most fun riding you can find anywhere.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum