BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Two Wheels Better

I have the luck of being able to return home from the end of September (arriving the 26th) through early November (departing around the 7th) this year and look forward to doing a bit of mileage on my stored K100RS whilst there. If any K brethren are out and about in that time frame it'll be good to connect. It's been a while since I've seen or ridden with any of you mob except for Charlie and Rick the past several years on my once a year visits. I returned to the US to work over four years ago now! I can't believe that much time has passed so quickly, but at least I've been able to jump-start my K bike & spares collection. Laughing

I reckon it'll be another coupla years 'til I return home for good. I'm making the most of my time while here. Just returned from nine days in the Badlands & Sturgis of South Dakota, the mountain passes of eastern Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & eastern Oregon. That's some fine riding country!

The Sturgis Main Street slog. It wasn't all fringe and tatts, plenty of Beemers and other brands running about, and the roads away from the slow-moving masses of H-D made it worth it, in places like Spearfish, Deadwood, Belle Fourche & Needles.

Plenty of toy motorbikes for big kids (and their large girls) to putt about on...

The usual talent on display.

Those fries'll go straight to your...

There's a classic Indian restorer in Deadwood, SD called Greer Engineering. I couldn't resist having a sticky beak at the bikes on display inside and out.

The Grand Tetons near Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Leaving White Sulphur Springs, Montana

Thermopolis, Wyoming claims to be "The World's Largest Mineral Hotsprings".
I rode the bike least suited for open roads, but man, was she the bomb in the plentiful twisty bits up in the mountains!

This was my third time riding to Sturgis, the other times being '93 and '97, and I reckon that's enough for a lifetime now, but I spent only three days around the crowds before heading out to enjoy the riding.

Cheers to all,
Daz

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '94 R100R Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & 2009 K1300GT

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
Some of those Harleys have to be tongue-in-cheek... don't they? Shocked

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

charlie99

VIP
VIP
good to see and read Daz

thanks for yet another travelogue

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Two Wheels Better

Ya' know, I'm not particularly superstitious, but a fellow traveller (Carl Reese, of K1600GT across the US in fastest time, fame) gave me this 'gremlin bell' up in Beaver Creek, Yukon Territory in early June while Pamela and I were doing our Alaska traverse on the RT. I thanked him then packed it deep inside my tankbag for the duration, thinking, 'silly stuff'. I've always thought that about the ubiquitous bells dangling from the lower bits of cruisers and Hardly Abletos. Then I got to thinking (a bloody daaangerous thing for me at the best of times) that I'd mostly be solo on this ride. Now, those who know me know that doesn't stop me from heading out in any direction for uncounted days, weeks, even months on the road....out of its velvety pouch and on went the bell, in the lowest, most discreet place I could find on the K12R, under the radiator behind the front belly pan. In a you'd have to be looking kinda place.

I reckon it worked, sorta, I didn't get any velocity awards from the local or state constabulary, no punctures, wasn't turned away from any good camping site along rivers or up cowpaths on private land, managed 38 to 44 (US) mpg, burnt no engine oil (at all - in 3200 hard hot miles!) but did get a sunburn on my scone, something you'd think I'd know better about being from the sunburnt country as I am.

Who else has got one?! Let's start up a club. Yep, it's staying put to chime its jingley, chimey guts out, ready to frighten away those little hobgoblins, ghouls and gremlins on the roadways, highways, freeways and byways of America, ready to leap up first chance and do all manner of damage to an unsuspecting roadwarrior.

Wink

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '94 R100R Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & 2009 K1300GT

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Those plates of food those girls are holding look tasty.

Hang on...are they?!? Oh now I see why you took the picture! cheers cheers cheers

Hopefully I'll catch up with you on your return.

Remember Rule No. 6

Two Wheels Better

blaKey wrote:Those plates of food those girls are holding look tasty.

Hang on...are they?!? Oh now I see why you took the picture! cheers cheers cheers

Hopefully I'll catch up with you on your return.
Pimp daddy ain't lookin' so pleased that I'd snap a photo of his gal (note the interlocking fingers at the left hip and the aggro overbite), but, hey, if it's on the street it's ready to be shared. Good eye, Blakey! Yummo curly fries aplenty!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum