BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Loose mirrors on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
My mirrors tend to creep downwards. Is there an easy way of tightening the ball joints?

2Back to top Go down    Re: Loose mirrors on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:13 am

Waz

Life time member
Life time member
A few drops of lock tight ???

3Back to top Go down    Re: Loose mirrors on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:28 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Use the O-rings for garden hoses and put one over each thingy and that takes the wobble out. I cant remember the size but the hardware stores will have them in packets of 5 so you need 2 packets and then you have 4 to lose before you need any more.
Sorry Phil I missread your post. Make sure the ball it is dry and oil free then a small square of plastic bag (thickness depends on how loose it is) put it over the ball and press the mirror back on, it will last for a few years depending how often it is adjusted.

4Back to top Go down    Re: Loose mirrors on Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
@RicK G wrote:Use the O-rings for garden hoses and put one over each thingy and that takes the wobble out. I cant remember the size but the hardware stores will have them in packets of 5 so you need 2 packets and then you have 4 to lose before you need any more.
Sorry Phil I missread your post. Make sure the ball it is dry and oil free then a small square of plastic bag (thickness depends on how loose it is) put it over the ball and press the mirror back on, it will last for a few years depending how often it is adjusted.

Sounds the go, I'll try it over the weekend. They arent real loose, but normal road shocks will make them creep.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum