BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from France Empty Hello from France on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Bobber Stu

Bobber Stu
Hi everyone, my name is Stuart and I ride a bobber hence "Bobber Stu", I'm 42 and have lived in France for 10 years.

I've just picked up a 1987 K100 RS in exchange for a days work with 33,000 miles on the clock, it was in bits and a non-runner been stood for about 9 years.

The fuel pump was u/s and the rubber damper thingy dissolved, so I hooked up an external pump, a jerry can, some jump leads to a car battery, fresh oil and filter and gave it a wirl, started firing on 2 cyl so gave the injectors a gentle tap and hey presto sweet as a nut!

So fitted new pump, damper, filter screen and battery and now have a runner, just need to finish putting back together and decide what to do with it, really like the cafe look....

Me on my bobber:

Hello from France IMG_0392_zpspu749cy3

The K100:

Hello from France IMG_0420_zps9zpcm23h

Hello from France IMG_0422_zps1goclo5u

I'm sure I will have lots of daft q's as I go along.

Cheers
Stu

2Back to top Go down   Hello from France Empty Re: Hello from France on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:42 am

JGT

JGT
Gold member
Gold member
'I've just picked up a 1987 K100 RS in exchange for a days work '

That seems like a good deal. 

3Back to top Go down   Hello from France Empty Re: Hello from France on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:13 am

@Bobber Stu wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Stuart and I ride a bobber hence "Bobber Stu", I'm 42 and have lived in France for 10 years.

I've just picked up a 1987 K100 RS in exchange for a days work with 33,000 miles on the clock, it was in bits and a non-runner been stood for about 9 years.

The fuel pump was u/s and the rubber damper thingy dissolved, so I hooked up an external pump, a jerry can, some jump leads to a car battery, fresh oil and filter and gave it a wirl, started firing on 2 cyl so gave the injectors a gentle tap and hey presto sweet as a nut!

So fitted new pump, damper, filter screen and battery and now have a runner, just need to finish putting back together and decide what to do with it, really like the cafe look....

Me on my bobber:

Hello from France IMG_0392_zpspu749cy3

The K100:

Hello from France IMG_0420_zps9zpcm23h

Hello from France IMG_0422_zps1goclo5u

I'm sure I will have lots of daft q's as I go along.

Cheers
Stu
welcome to the forum bobber stu from victoria australia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum