BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Anyone got a parts fiche? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:12 pm

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
Sorry to bother you all but I was wondering what parts fiche do you all use there are a few parts/bolt sizes that I was looking for but can't find them at all.

I know I could adapt the bolt sizes, but save going out and getting a load of bolts that I will never use I was wondering if I could find them on the parts fiche. One of these such bolts is the one on the right hand switch block that locks it together. The only one I can find on the fiches that I can find is an m4x12csk. I know it isn't this one though as I've already got them in my bolt box.

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

2Back to top Go down    Re: Anyone got a parts fiche? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
Could this really be a problem?

Find a steel wire...measure the deepth...so you don't pick to long screw.

Take a drill bit and measure the hole...pick the screw dimension above this.
And feel the resistance when mounting the screw...to less, to small screw...
to much, to big screw.

3Back to top Go down    Re: Anyone got a parts fiche? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:46 pm

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
@Inge K. wrote:Could this really be a problem?

Find a steel wire...measure the deepth...so you don't pick to long screw.

Take a drill bit and measure the hole...pick the screw dimension above this.
And feel the resistance when mounting the screw...to less, to small screw...
to much, to big screw.

There are also things I'm looking at, at the moment I'm going on maxbmw parts fiche and before you say no not just bolts. I personally find it easier to work from fiches or exploded diagrams than manuals. But I was wondering if there were any better fiches out there.

Oh and by the way I've never heard of that method before of measuring, actually rather helpful for someone who doesn't really talk to anyone else that does mechanical work.

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

4Back to top Go down    Re: Anyone got a parts fiche? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
You won't find any parts fiche, as the switch assy is sold in one unit as shown in your picture.
About the screws...I would guess 2.5 - 3 mm dia...can't help more than this.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Anyone got a parts fiche? on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 am

Two Wheels Better

www.realoem.com is an excellent source for BMW part number access, and often screw sizes as well.

6Back to top Go down    Re: Anyone got a parts fiche? on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:06 am

kennybob

Silver member
Silver member
The back plastic covers are held by 3 M2.5 x 10mm (thread length) panhead phillips wood screws (coarse threads with ~1mm spacing for biting into plastic), and 1 that is only 5mm long. They are flat on the ends like a machine screw, no sharp point. The panhead diameter is 4mm.

The screw that mounts the switch assembly to the throttle housing is a flathead (countersunk) M4 x 12mm (overall length), 0.8mm pitch phillips machine screw.

7Back to top Go down    Re: Anyone got a parts fiche? on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Bumblebee

Silver member
Silver member
@TheJoker wrote:Sorry to bother you all but I was wondering what parts fiche do you all use there are a few parts/bolt sizes that I was looking for but can't find them at all.

I know I could adapt the bolt sizes, but save going out and getting a load of bolts that I will never use I was wondering if I could find them on the parts fiche. One of these such bolts is the one on the right hand switch block that locks it together. The only one I can find on the fiches that I can find is an m4x12csk. I know it isn't this one though as I've already got them in my bolt box.

Available on line.

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/fiche.aspx

See it all.

- John.

http://Bugsmashers.org/phpbb

8Back to top Go down    Re: Anyone got a parts fiche? on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:20 pm

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
By the way I want to thank everyone that applied to this thread, had some family emergencies recently so not been that active on my emails or computer.

Thank you.

84/01 K100rs 0013627

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum