BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Wheel rim size Empty Wheel rim size 17/10/16, 07:45 pm

smoll1

Silver member
Silver member
Hi all

I have the black style wheels with the flat edge to spokes. It's a black rs style model. 

Bent the rim in pot hole last week. None listed for sale. I noticed some k75 had these style wheels.

Does anyone know if they are same size?

Thanks

Smoll Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   Wheel rim size Empty Re: Wheel rim size 17/10/16, 08:09 pm

kioolt

kioolt
Silver member
Silver member
A way for you find out for yourself would be to goto realoem.com.  Lookup the wheel on your bike.  Once you find the wheel you can click on the part number.  A list will come up showing all bikes that that wheel is used on.

Total 422,400 BMW miles

AMA,BMWRA,BMWMOA

The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.

3Back to top Go down   Wheel rim size Empty Re: Wheel rim size 17/10/16, 08:25 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The BMW rims are much softer than the Jap alloy wheels and can be knocked back into shape quite easily. Of course it doed depend on how bad the damage is, if it's cracked or creased or wont hold air it's not salvageable.
I use a rubber hammer or a piece of soft wood and a 16oz hammer and slowly work in from the extremities of the dent.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Wheel rim size Empty Wheel rim size 18/10/16, 04:14 am

smoll1

Silver member
Silver member
Aah yes thanks

I checked the real OEM and says same size rim. 250x18 so that looks promising. 

It was pretty bad bend. I knocked back in with mallet as suggested. It is better buy can get right and steering shakes a bit now. 

Hopefully now they appear same I can sort one out.

It appears the rear is different, depending in whether a drum brake or disc and different size.

Thanks

5Back to top Go down   Wheel rim size Empty Re: Wheel rim size 18/10/16, 06:21 am

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Alf Hagon in London also repairs cast wheels - bit far from you, so postage may be expensive.

Mike

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum