BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
Hello all, I've just purchased this lot from a friend. Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision; I originally purchased it for the belly pan and potentially seat/rear tail unit. All in all it has cost me a grand total of £135 include postage to my house. The parts are from a 1990 k100RS mine is an 84. So some parts are of no use to me including the tank.

Did I make the right decision ?

And.

Cheers,
Sam.

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

ainsjac

Life time member
Life time member
In about 1985 there were small changes made to the K. The following are not interchangeable, seat, tank, side small panels hiding battery etc., ducktail, some wiring such as fuel tank. I am not sure about fairings and such.If yours is a 1984 bike with the grab handles in the seat then the post 85 has the grab handles in the ducktail. Good luck.

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
If those parts are genuinely silver then I'm more than happy to lift the fairing lowers off you for a consideration. I'm still riding round with a huge crack in my lower left one after January's prang. Otherwise I agree with Ainsjac's comments, plus the fact that I don't see a bellypan mounting bracket there. I understand that the bracket is different between the 2V and 4V models.

Oh - and going on ebay prices, you should be able to recover your outlay. Make a profit, actually.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
@ainsjac wrote:In about 1985 there were small changes made to the K. The following are not interchangeable, seat, tank, side small panels hiding battery etc., ducktail, some wiring such as fuel tank. I am not sure about fairings and such.If yours is a 1984 bike with the grab handles in the seat then the post 85 has the grab handles in the ducktail. Good luck.
My 1984 k100RS is now a rat so the only parts that I will be keeping from the listing is the belly pan, seat and rear tail unit. Everything else will be getting sold hopefully. I get the whole listing tomorrow delivered by my friend. I found it easier to go and get the whole listing than to look for a separate listing.

@Dai wrote:If those parts are genuinely silver then I'm more than happy to lift the fairing lowers off you for a consideration. I'm still riding round with a huge crack in my lower left one after January's prang. Otherwise I agree with Ainsjac's comments, plus the fact that I don't see a bellypan mounting bracket there. I understand that the bracket is different between the 2V and 4V models.

Oh - and going on ebay prices, you should be able to recover your outlay. Make a profit, actually.

I'll let you know when they get here and get some better photos as I've said above they don't arrive with me till tomorrow. I know on my k100RS current and 1988 k100RS the belly pan went straight to the engine block and to the bottom half of the radiator fairing. As mine is a rat then this shouldn't really matter. What I might do is use it as a template and then sell it on.

Cheers for the replies,
Sam.

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

Inge K.

VIP
VIP
@TheJoker wrote:My 1984 k100RS is now a rat so the only parts that I will be keeping from the listing is the belly pan, seat and rear tail unit .

About the seat: you also need the hinges as these also was changed from -86 on.
About the belly pan: this 4V model fits all models, one for a 2V fits only 2V's.
(The difference is that the headers on a 4V needs more space).

BobT

Life time member
Life time member
I have a spare 4v belly pan sitting here complete with mounting frame. All of the sumps are the same so it should fit anything. 88 has first dibs on it though.

TheJoker

Silver member
Silver member
@Inge K. wrote:
@TheJoker wrote:My 1984 k100RS is now a rat so the only parts that I will be keeping from the listing is the belly pan, seat and rear tail unit .

About the seat: you also need the hinges as these also was changed from -86 on.
About the belly pan: this 4V model fits all models, one for a 2V fits only 2V's.
(The difference is that the headers on a 4V needs more space).

I've just got the whole lot delivered and I believe it is the original colour doesn't look like a respray. I've still got the old seat that was on my k100 its just bent. So I'm going to see about switching the hinges if not I'll sell it on. Regarding the belly pan I'm going to give it a check over tomorrow.  I've had to build some brackets for another part already so don't mind seeing if I can get it to fit.

84/01 K100rs 0013627

BobT

Life time member
Life time member
Belly pan is over £100 used from motorworks, attachment frame is about £50. Mind you the way the £ is going that will be peanuts soon!

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Bob. I'm interested in the belly pan for my '89 naked. PM sent. Cheers

Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Shep

Silver member
Silver member
If the tank is clean and free of any bubbling at seams I would be interested in it. Unfortunately I live on the wrong continent again. On the internet a good tank is selling from 100 to 400 dollars Canadian. The tank I have on my "about to be rebuilt bike "shows some bubbling at a seam.
Shep

BobT

Life time member
Life time member
@Holister wrote:Bob. I'm interested in the belly pan for my '89 naked. PM sent. Cheers
Noted. Would be very heavy to post to you, but as I said, Will has first refusal.

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Brain fart.   Had you confused with an AU member... and didn't look at your location. Cheers Bob

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member

BobT

Life time member
Life time member
@Holister wrote:Brain fart.   Had you confused with an AU member... and didn't look at your location. Cheers Bob
AU - African Union, no thanks, I'll stick to France.  Very Happy

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
BobT... No no!! AU Australia

Choco.... Haha!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum