BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Custom 1987 K100RS Empty Custom 1987 K100RS on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Dave

Dave
Silver member
Silver member
Hi, just testing the water as I know it's the wrong time of year to sell. I am reluctantly selling my 1987 K100RS (8v). The fairing was removed by the previous owner, all repainted and a custom stainless steel radiator cover fitted. I have replaced the rear shock and fuel lines and fitted the cowling and spot lights. It comes with BMW panniers and top box. The wheels have been professionally powder coated. MOT until 7/8/17, 44000 miles. Also included are the original wheels with brake discs, spare powder coated rocker covers, 2 spare rear shocks plus various unused service items. I would like £1300 for the whole lot, I would rather not split it up. More photos if anyone is interested.Custom 1987 K100RS K10010

1987 K100rs
2009 R1200R

2Back to top Go down   Custom 1987 K100RS Empty I've decided to keep her!!! on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Dave

Dave
Silver member
Silver member
After a few hours on the bike yesterday I have decided unless I get a very good offer I will keep her.  I'll just have to buy a smaller car than previously planned!!!  I checked my insurance and it's not actually costing me anything to insure so it's just the £82 road tax to keep her.

All I have to do now is work out why I'm getting less tham 40mpg.  I would consider myself a smooth rider, making progress when safe to do so, I used to get at least 55mpg from my K75s.  What fuel consumption does everyone elsse get?

If there's anyone in the North Dorset, South Wiltshire, East Somerset area that can give me a hand it would be gratefully appreciated and rewarded in beer.

1987 K100rs
2009 R1200R

3Back to top Go down   Custom 1987 K100RS Empty Re: Custom 1987 K100RS on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
@Dave wrote:All I have to do now is work out why I'm getting less tham 40mpg.  
It looks from your posts that you might have installed an air filter and plugs sometime in February or thereafter. If you have not checked the valve clearances and followed with a throttle body balance you should do that or have it done for you.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum