BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sjoerd1995

Sjoerd1995
Hello everyone!

My name is Sjoerd, I am 21 years old. I live in the Netherlands and I have a great passion for motorcycles.
The first bike I got was a '86 Honda CB450S which would run for a few kilometers and than would stop working. If you than waited for half an hour, all the problems were gone and it would run (for a couple of kilometers) again. With a lot of searching we found out it was the pick-up coil which would create a short circuit if it got warm... I really enjoyed working on the bike and with the winter coming it's time for a new project!Very Happy

So last week I've finally found something that would suit me and, surprise surprise, it's a K100! It is from 1986 it has some falling damage and it didn't run for a couple of years. Right now the battery is broken, but they said that it would run if I replaced it... Well we have to see if that's the only thing, but it looks promising and I am really looking forward to picking it up.

Now the idea is to turn it into a Cafe Racer, and right now I am just thinking about how far I want to go with this. The possibilities are infinite, but the wallet isn't... Therefore I am just doing a lot of reading and am I looking at the awesome projects others made.
Right know I have the most of it figured out, but I am still not sure what I want to do with the front suspension. I would really like to install an upside -down fork, but I still have quite a lot of questions about a conversion like that. Maybe one of you who has some experience with that? Wink 
At the moment I figured out that they often use a Yamaha R1 or a Kawasaki zx7r front. But since I would really like to keep my current wheel, I am wondering if that's even possible and if it is, what kind of spacers I would need.

Well when I start with the project I will create a new topic to keep everyone up to date!
If you guys have some tips on the conversion, let me know!

-Sjoerd

BobT

BobT
Life time member
Life time member
"possibilities are infinite, but the wallet isn't"
"I would really like to install an upside -down fork"

Those two lines don't go together. Making a cafe can be as cheap as chips, but as soon as you talk about changing the forks you are probably talking about the most expensive part of the conversion and it is not really necessary.
Welcome to the forum.

Sjoerd1995

Sjoerd1995
Hey Bob,

Yes I got your point, I am not saying that I don't have a budget. I just want to try to sketch a picture of the costs and the work of a conversion like that. Keeping in mind that it's not only a different fork, but also keeping spacers, bearings, calipers and discs etc. in mind... Probably totally depending on the other fork you choose, but I am just trying to gain some more information before I start something that could be more expensive than expected.

Curley

Curley
Silver member
Silver member
Hi there! Greetings from the Netherlands 177912

Hi there! Greetings from the Netherlands Ir-log11Hi there! Greetings from the Netherlands Ir-log11Hi there! Greetings from the Netherlands Ir-log11Hi there! Greetings from the Netherlands Ir-log11Hi there! Greetings from the Netherlands Ir-log11

cheers  White K100RS 1991  cheers Red K1100LT SE 1995 cheers Green K75RT 1995 cheers Black K75s 1987  cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum