BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Yet another pannier lock question on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:47 am

club_c

Life time member
Life time member
I found the only key supplied with the 88 R100RS SE is useful for the ignition,gas cap and seatbut does not open the panniers. These are the second gen locks, and though I know where to find the key code on the first gen locks, I need some advise on these second gen ones. Thoughts?

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

2Back to top Go down    Re: Yet another pannier lock question on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
sorry cant help doug , I also would advise that, it is known that the dealers take short cuts, so if the lock was keyed one way there is no reason to think that that is still correct ..
maybe get some bmw mates with similar keys ...and find one that works ...then remove the cylinder and take it to a locksmith ...or perhaps after its removed ..put your own key in and file the wafers till yours works, so you have them all matched ? its called "keyed alike "

best I can think of at the moment ,good luck, you might be surprised at how many bikes have a similar key system
I remember this topic was a recent event in the forum before our bingara run out here ( 4 years ago now ) keyed alike and similar fitting keys ,
several blokes keys fitted mine and mine fitted some others .... strange eh ?!!
\

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

3Back to top Go down    Re: Yet another pannier lock question on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:22 am

Stan

Life time member
Life time member
You are right Charlie. Blakey and I could start all bar 1 bike using 2 keys. I do know that the panniers can be unlocked or locked easier than the ignition locks.

1983 K100basic vin 0003960 colour red
1987 K100RT vin 0094685 colour, orange peel, sorry, pearl

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum