BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Hello!
I'm searching for pictures here, somebody has build a larger fuel tank.
Seeking extra capacity gas tank - K75

I can't find the threat/picture

Maybe somebody knows

Cheers

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I have been looking for or building a bigger tank but as yet there has been no action.
I saw one on Ebay in USA a few days ago for $920 or about that. They mentioned a makers name, it may have been Reynolds. I just had a look for it but couldn't find it. I will keep looking it was canary yellow and ugly but big.
It looked as if the lower section of a K100 tank and the upper part of a FJ1100 or 1200 Yamaha. I have been looking about to find out if the Yamaha tanks are alloy but as yet I have found nothing. I still have all sorts of ideas about these things but my back prevents me standing for long enough to get much done.

Looking at that K11OG site I saw a mention of a Randof tank and that was what I saw not Reynolds. It was very high probably 7-8 inches higher that a standard K tank.

Last edited by RicK G on 24th November 2016, 08:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More jabba)

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Rick!
I have seen a larger tank somewhere here, somebody welded the whole tank. Looked quit good. Could be a adventure bike, he did a lot of welding.

Damn I can't find it.
http://advrider.com has somebody who did it to.
I go on searching ;-)
I need a google for my brain.

Cheers

Ringfad

Life time member
Life time member

;BMW;K100RS Style Black 1987 105K Km ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 51KKm ;BMW;K1100RSRed 1993 70k miles ;BMW; K100 16V Black (ex ElectricMonk)

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Not bad Ringfad! Smile

Not exactly what I'm searching for, but a good start.
Thanks

Cheers

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Found a pic and link but Randolph as it is spelled is no more sort of like monty Pythons Parrot

http://www.gunsmoke.com/motorcycling/k100rs/index.html

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
👍🏻

I found it!
Larger gas tank

Thanks for the help, you all get a virtual beer Smile

Laitch

Life time member
Life time member

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Perfect!!!

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
I remember seeing (maybe on this forum) somebody who modified a tank for a K100rt. As the size of the front couldn't be increased (width of the inner fairing and upper triple tee in the way) the tank had been split lengthwise and spread apart about 2 inches in the back. A long triangular piece of aluminum had to be soldered on the top and bottom of the tank to fill the gap.
I have another solution for you: Buy an EML sidecar and I will sell you the 45 liters auxiliary tank going in the trunk. Very Happy

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
@Crazy Frog wrote:
I have another solution for you: Buy an EML sidecar and I will sell you the 45 liters auxiliary tank going in the trunk. Very Happy

Good info!

I'll think about the side car. Anyway it's not for me.
I would take a truck with me and will never have to buy fuel again.

Cheers

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Chocolate,

I found the solution set for a CB750. You can certainly use the idea for a K100.
You have to admit that this trailer is a piece of art. like

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
😂

That's a real nice design.
I'll remember that for the next build Crazy Frog

Nice Tank, realy looks like a real one.
Gastank for a 1000 miles.

Cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]