BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello fellow brick heads  Empty Hello fellow brick heads Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm

MaraudeRS

MaraudeRS
Hello, from Monterey, CA! I just got my first brick about a month ago. A 1992 k100rs. I have big dreams of making it into a cafe style racer because I think they're gorgeous. I'll need lots of help and have lots of questions so please be patient with me. I'll use the search function a lot so as to not be too needy Hello fellow brick heads  502531

I'm trying to upload a pic of my current progress. Let's see if it works...

Hello fellow brick heads  Img_1210

2Back to top Go down   Hello fellow brick heads  Empty Re: Hello fellow brick heads Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Hello and welcome here!
Good choice your K.
Let us see what caferacer it will get.

Is Clint Eastwood still major in Carmel.
Last time when I visited the city he was :-)

Cheers

Hello fellow brick heads  Img_2512

3Back to top Go down   Hello fellow brick heads  Empty Re: Hello fellow brick heads Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:36 pm

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome MaraudeRS, 
You are fortunate to live in a wonderful location.  Riding up and down Highway 1 is among the best of motorcycling roads (when the RVs are at home).
I bought my K100RS in Monterey some 4 years back.  I must say however, yours seems to be in far better cosmetic shape.  Nice find!

4Back to top Go down   Hello fellow brick heads  Empty Re: Hello fellow brick heads Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:32 am

MaraudeRS

MaraudeRS
Chocolate wrote:Hello and welcome here!
Good choice your K.
Let us see what caferacer it will get.

Is Clint Eastwood still major in Carmel.
Last time when I visited the city he was :-)

Cheers

Hello fellow brick heads  Img_2512

Thank you for the welcome!

You must not have been here for a while because although Clint still lives and plays here he's no longer the mayor Smile

5Back to top Go down   Hello fellow brick heads  Empty Re: Hello fellow brick heads Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:35 am

MaraudeRS

MaraudeRS
brickrider2 wrote:Welcome MaraudeRS, 
You are fortunate to live in a wonderful location.  Riding up and down Highway 1 is among the best of motorcycling roads (when the RVs are at home).
I bought my K100RS in Monterey some 4 years back.  I must say however, yours seems to be in far better cosmetic shape.  Nice find!
I agree, and I can't wait to take a ride down Hwy 1 on my K!

It looks nicer in the picture than it actually is. I need to take it down to the motor, clean it up really well, and have it all powder coated. What did you have to do to yours?

6Back to top Go down   Hello fellow brick heads  Empty Re: Hello fellow brick heads Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:48 pm

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
The work I did on mine comprises a rather long list.  I bought a bike that had few miles on the clock and it ran well.  One of the first things I addressed was the seat.  I had Rick Mayer remake it to accommodate my tall body  (money well spent!). Over the course of many months I brought all the maintenance requirements up to date, replaced original rubber bits due to their age, the fuel pump, fuel filter, the fork springs, brake lines (stainless) and the coils. I swapped the bars for K1100 bars to gain the advantage of greater leverage, then found it wise to also fit mirror extensions from that model, as the wider bars practically rendered the mirrors useless.  I also added extra instruments and heated grips for riding during cooler months. I never really addressed the sad paint on my bike, as appearance has taken a back seat to reliability. 
I've enjoyed my K100RS, but of late I'm increasingly challenged by advancing age and the sheer weight of the motorcycle.  During a tour last year I foolish stopped to have a look at the map in a gravel covered parking lot and dropped the bike. Embarassed  I now pay very close attention to parking lots and roadside shoulders.   Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum