BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SteveFord

SteveFord
One of the first orders of business for my 85 K100 is to get the brakes up to snuff.
Any recommendations for line kits or ones to steer clear of?
I was thinking Brembo but it doesn't look like they offer one.

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
I've just fitted a set to my K100 Basic. I have a trade account with a motorcycle factor and they made them up for me. Problem is, I'm in the UK but just posting for reference purposes.

Good luck.

Recommended Steel Braided Brake Lines kit? Cimg3543

Recommended Steel Braided Brake Lines kit? Cimg3544

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Make your own... or is that banned in the US? I remember Robmack saying it was banned in Canada. Just FYI: I've used Goodrich, Aeroquip and Earls Hose over the years and don't have a particular preference. They're all made to the same standard; IIRC working pressure is 3000psi and burst pressure is 6000psi. A heavy right hoof might just hit 500psi.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
Dai wrote:Make your own... or is that banned in the US? I remember Robmack saying it was banned in Canada. Just FYI: I've used Goodrich, Aeroquip and Earls Hose over the years and don't have a particular preference. They're all made to the same standard; IIRC working pressure is 3000psi and burst pressure is 6000psi. A heavy right hoof might just hit 500psi.
I don't know about you Dai but I've been struggling to find the DIY brake parts. I normally make my own but it's getting harder to get the parts these days. I've just been on the Venhill website and they seem to have most parts-Doh!....but I'm really pleased with the lines I've had made.

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
I've recently bought some 'HEL Performance' lines, all stainless and an excellent web site for ordering custom lines.

I was adding a hydraulic switch for the outfit's stop light.
Recommended Steel Braided Brake Lines kit? Sam_1510

They also do stainless bleed nipples at £1.99 each; I didn't need any, but I bought some just to see what they were like and they are really nicely made.

Paul

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Motorbike Mike wrote:
I don't know about you Dai but I've been struggling to find the DIY brake parts. I normally make my own but it's getting harder to get the parts these days. I've just been on the Venhill website and they seem to have most parts-Doh!....but I'm really pleased with the lines I've had made.
Ebay... the fittings are -3 (dash 3) size. I got lucky and more or less emptied a guy of blue, black and transparent hose stock; he was selling at the equivalent of £1.50 a metre so I went overboard. Same with someone else selling -3 olives for 15p each. Now all I've got to do is trip across someone selling -3 10mm banjos at a silly price... Very Happy

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
Dai wrote:
Motorbike Mike wrote:
Ebay... the fittings are -3 (dash 3) size. I got lucky and more or less emptied a guy of blue, black and transparent hose stock; he was selling at the equivalent of £1.50 a metre so I went overboard. Same with someone else selling -3 olives for 15p each. Now all I've got to do is trip across someone selling -3 10mm banjos at a silly price... Very Happy
Well done for finding those bargains, I've not really seen much on the 'Bay-eyes peeled now!

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
You might be surprised if you make a trip to your local Hydraulic supply...

Most can fab exactly what you need for relatively few $...

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
You're right about that but my local hydraulic shop only sells zinc/cadmium plated fittings and I want better quality fitting on my bike. However,  I've been stuck in the past and they've got me out of the thick brown stuff!

ditcha

ditcha
Just bought some from venhill you can order various lengths and fittings all stainless and in different colours

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
I've used Venhill for a few bits & pieces now and found all their parts very nice quality. 👍

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
As per Sidecar Paul's comments, I've used HEL lines on both my K bikes and their online ordering tool is very easy to use if you need a custom arrangement as I did for my K75 project. The quality is excellent. They also do kits for particular models if you just need to replace existing arrangement.

Cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum