BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    RT-RS mirrors improvement. on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:15 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Because of the width of my sidecar, I quite often find the RT right mirror not giving me enough field of view. I was seriously considering adding a mirror on the handlebar.
I always appreciate the blind angle car mirrors in Europe (this is not available in Canada).
Today, I found that you can order them for you K bike. This would solve the problem with the sidecar but this can add extra security on every K RT bike.
This is not a cheap option but this is a good one.
https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-elderly-model-since-1969/Accessories-Paint-Protection/Blind-Angle-Mirror-Glasses.html

2Back to top Go down    Re: RT-RS mirrors improvement. on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:31 pm

brickrider2

Gold member
Gold member
A cautionary tale here. A couple years back I purchased some convex mirrors for my K100RS. I was concerned about the relatively poor view the OEM mirrors provided to the rear and sides of my bike. The convex lens arrived in due course and I was not at all happy with them. The illustration on the (German) eBay ad make it appear that there was a dramatic difference between the OEM glass and the after market ones. That turned out to be not true. In fact, I initially thought the mirrors I'd purchased were flat glass, not convex. The seller insisted they were convex and upon closer inspection I had to agree the seller was correct. However, they were convex EVER SO SLIGHTLY.

3Back to top Go down    Re: RT-RS mirrors improvement. on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
These mirrors are only convex on the outer edge (You get about 75% to 80% of the surface as a regular mirror). They are convex only from the line out. This is what I am used to when I get a car in France and I honestly miss them when I come back in Canada.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum