BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
I've "blended" 2 K's for my project. Both bikes were too far gone to save so I don't feel too bad as I built a quick K from them both and a K lives on. 
After seeing Dai's post  http://www.k100-forum.com/t11989-black-style-rs-fairing-for-sale-in-the-uk#142883  and having just refreshed an '84 build K Basic I'm starting to wonder if anyone else is getting sick of seeing people cutting up K's that are in fabulous condition and let's face it when most owners are finished the stock bike looked waaay better. 
I'd have loved to get my hands on that black RS highlighted by Dai, a rare bike in rare condition-a sad way to go if you ask me. Let's face it, K's are the next victims because the Airhead twins are now too expensive to butcher.

Does anyone else feel like I do?

indian036

Life time member
Life time member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:I've "blended" 2 K's for my project. Both bikes were too far gone to save so I don't feel too bad as I built a quick K from them both and a K lives on. 
After seeing Dai's post  http://www.k100-forum.com/t11989-black-style-rs-fairing-for-sale-in-the-uk#142883  and having just refreshed an '84 build K Basic I'm starting to wonder if anyone else is getting sick of seeing people cutting up K's that are in fabulous condition and let's face it when most owners are finished the stock bike looked waaay better. 
I'd have loved to get my hands on that black RS highlighted by Dai, a rare bike in rare condition-a sad way to go if you ask me. Let's face it, K's are the next victims because the Airhead twins are now too expensive to butcher.

I certainly do.   Very Happy

Bill

1984 K100RT White. VIN. 0023022K100RT  ENG 104EA32848523

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
From the seller's Ebay listing. wrote:..... there may be a couple of screws missing etc but all in all everything is there .
Well I don't know about missing screws but he certainly has a screw loose somewhere Shocked and somehow I think he is 'not quite all there'. Laughing

I have nothing against a nicely done cafe mods whether its a K-bike or something else but this is a tragedy. Such a great example of an RS. You just don't see too many like that these days.

Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
It's a shame to see bikes like that stripped and hacked, but on the bright side, they do provide a source of used fairing parts, and as fewer bikes are faired the value and thus the price of these parts will necessarily drop making it cheaper to keep the rest of our bikes in good shape.

In a few years when these bikes have no market value, we might have a chance to get super cheap drive trains, that is, if I am wrong in my perception that the hackers are crap at maintenance. 

In the mean time all this hacking will just make our well-cared-for, unmolested machines more valuable.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

BobT

Life time member
Life time member
My nice 1991 16 valve RS is being stripped. You may not like it, but at the end of the day it is my bike and I can burn it if I want. 
They are worth peanuts and I no longer need for a bike that can cover 500 miles with ease, so it will be stripped and altered into something that will be more use to me. I also have a Ducati ST2, Ducati 848 and an old Ducati 250 so a single seat (yes I have cut down the frame) K100 will be something for bombing around locally.

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I have been watching this happen since my early teens (55 years) when I helped my father restore veteran and vintage cars.

At that time we could do a tour of properties in western Queensland and find several pre WW1 cars and as many old bikes.

There is one thing I have learned over that time which is that the butchers will always be with us and there is no point in losing any sleep over it.
One amusing thing I heard a while ago is that Americans from USA are coming to Australia buying the 60s classic ford mustangs that we have restored because they sent so many to the scrap yards that we in Australia have more than them.
Had a good laugh over that.

On the K100 Cafe racer subject I find it so laughable when these butchers "customize" these bikes so they have their personal touch and yet inevitably they all look the same. Sort of reminds me of the "We're all individuals" from The Life of Brian.

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
I'll take comfort from Brian's mum "he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy "

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@BobT wrote: My nice 1991 16 valve RS is being stripped. You may not like it, but at the end of the day it is my bike and I can burn it if I want. 
They are worth peanuts and I no longer need for a bike that can cover 500 miles with ease, so it will be stripped and altered into something that will be more use to me. I also have a Ducati ST2, Ducati 848 and an old Ducati 250 so a single seat (yes I have cut down the frame) K100 will be something for bombing around locally
Way to go Bob and you're right, I don't like it. If you among others want to butcher, sorry, create something else why not buy something like this and leave the good bikes as good bikes?

If I was in the UK at the moment I'd buy it and build a runner from this and my parts dept.
As for "they're worth peanuts", values of a good K are beginning to rise so why cut up (in your words) a "nice" 16 valver?
Can I pick your clippings up on my way past in February?

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
@Point-Seven-five wrote:In the mean time all this hacking will just make our well-cared-for, unmolested machines more valuable.

Which could explain why I am slowly kollecting any unused and unwanted K75S that I come across.  Another one arrived yesterday.  

David Nimrod

Silver member
Silver member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:

Absolutely!

@RicK G wrote:I find it so laughable when these butchers "customize" these bikes so they have their personal touch and yet inevitably they all look the same.

Yup, precisely...

Last edited by David Nimrod on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total

David Nimrod

Silver member
Silver member
I'm so sick of K's, R's, Guzzi's, Evo Harley's, etc. being 'customised'...

99 times out of a 100 it's just a fashion led, ham fisted, attempt at 'individuality'.

Building a genuinely individual bike is hard, which is why most people don't...

Of course the 'stock' bikes will always be the ones to have, and remember:

When it's gone... It's gone!

k100virgin

Gold member
Gold member
The bit that puzzles me is, the bikes are stripped out, no radical changes, minimalistic mud guards etc. then on Ebay for up to four times the price of a standard bike. Buy less pay more????? John

RicK G

VIP
VIP
The people who put them up for crazy prices don't understand that much of the time it is the time put into the customization that makes your mark on it and most of the people who do a custom want to do it them selves they don't want to buy someone elses idea of a custom in spite of the fact that most look the same except for the paint work.
So why don't they just spend the time on really good paint work on a stock set up and it will be just as inspiring and eye catching  if not more so than a nice bike that has, as my father used to say, "had the treatment".

David Nimrod

Silver member
Silver member
Most of the people who buy 'off the shelf' customs would be unable to build one themselves.

Thereby they completely miss the point of what a custom motorcycle actually is...

It's been happening with Harley's for decades!

Snod Blatter

Platinum member
Platinum member
Urgh, I hate it. I mean I can see the benefit of removing a lot of the "extras" that Ks have and the weight savings that follow, and perhaps mods for wider wheels and proper suspension and brakes, but all this chopping and bobbering and frame lug removing.. Please stop.

The same has been happening to TRX850s for a while now, people buy them and try to fit handlebars to make them less uncomfortable. But then they find the fairing is in the way of the bars, so they make it naked. But what they've done is ruin a perfectly good TRX when what they actually wanted was a TDM850 instead, or even a Ducati Monster which would be more authentic to boot. I actually daren't sell mine now in case the next owner cuts it up, I couldn't bear it.

Why would you try to modify a classic bike into something else, when you could just buy that something else and leave a classic as it is? I don't get it.

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
Totally agree about the TRX850's too. They're a nice bike in stock trim and then.....they get the Street Fighter treatment. Too many good bikes have suffered that fate, instantly turning something else into a worthless peice of crap-again!

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I think it comes into the category of, If you have to ask then you wont understand.
Dachwaton has just posted some pics of his custom and I will say it is one of the best I have seen in the quality of the build however , not wanting to be rude I really think that if an RS in fairly much standard trim was restored with the quality of workmanship that has gone into it and that very well executed paint work done on it the result would be absolutely mindblowong and would without doubt a very eye-catching bike.
To me a good resto can be done without using the OEM paint work can be a very pleasing machine. I know that to do a concourse resto you need to be totally anal about standard and everything has to be "factory".
I take me hat off to anyone who can do a concourse resto but privately I reckon you'd need to be nuts and most of the judges need shooting.

BobT

Life time member
Life time member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:
@BobT wrote: My nice 1991 16 valve RS is being stripped. You may not like it, but at the end of the day it is my bike and I can burn it if I want. 
They are worth peanuts and I no longer need for a bike that can cover 500 miles with ease, so it will be stripped and altered into something that will be more use to me. I also have a Ducati ST2, Ducati 848 and an old Ducati 250 so a single seat (yes I have cut down the frame) K100 will be something for bombing around locally
Way to go Bob and you're right, I don't like it. If you among others want to butcher, sorry, create something else why not buy something like this and leave the good bikes as good bikes?

If I was in the UK at the moment I'd buy it and build a runner from this and my parts dept.
As for "they're worth peanuts", values of a good K are beginning to rise so why cut up (in your words) a "nice" 16 valver?
I didn't want to buy something unknown, especially a UK bike that would probably have more problems than the seller had told me about, and I discover them when I get it here. Then I would have to go through the importation and registration procedure. I had a KRS which no one wanted to buy, so I did what I wanted to it.
Values of good Ks may be on the rise, but if you want an investment to not buy a bike! I own bikes to ride them, I invest money in a bank. I am a motorcyclist and not an investor. 
Tell me what you want from the K and I'll put it to one side. 88 (Will) has taken a few bits back to Ireland so far.

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
On the upside, we should encourage the "customizers".  By trashing older bikes they not only reduce the number of used bikes making undisturbed bikes more valuable, but by reducing the number of good bikes in circulation they also help the OEM's with new sales.

The comment on the paint is spot on.  The only specimens of this genre that are the least interesting are the ones with striking paint.  Of course, the "builders" of most of them usually opt for the "flat black applied with a broom" paint job.

I suspect that a large impetus to the trend is the lack of craftsmanship to actually make a true custom to a high standard.  When you don't have the skill to actually do a good job your only alternative is to make crudeness an esthetic virtue.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
With regard to rising values and bikes as an "investment", I have my bikes to ride as well.  I use them and care for them.  I put on about 20,000 miles a year across three bikes.   It's nice to know that when it comes time to pass them on, I can recover the maximum amount of what I have in them. 

I cannot see any logical reason to accelerate the depreciation of my toys.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@BobT wrote:
@Motorbike Mike wrote:

I didn't want to buy something unknown, especially a UK bike that would probably have more problems than the seller had told me about, and I discover them when I get it here. Then I would have to go through the importation and registration procedure. I had a KRS which no one wanted to buy, so I did what I wanted to it.
Values of good Ks may be on the rise, but if you want an investment to not buy a bike! I own bikes to ride them, I invest money in a bank. I am a motorcyclist and not an investor. 
Tell me what you want from the K and I'll put it to one side. 88 (Will) has taken a few bits back to Ireland so far.
I've not mentioned at any point "investment" and on that point it would seem that a Bank isn't the place to invest money in this current climate IMO.
I see people that buy bikes as an investment artificially inflating values to attain the Golden Ticket price making it sometimes impossible for mortals to buy, enjoy and ride what they really want-shame.               For example, 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-K100-PRISTINE-EXAMPLE-BRAND-NEW-OLD-STOCK-ZERO-MILES-/201320191938?hash=item2edf9e57c2:g:-uwAAOSw4GVYQpSW

This K started at £10 000, clearly more that it's worth but it demonstrates my point.
I've had many Laverda triples but never a Jota and I'll never pay between 15 & 20K to own one.

I'm surprised that no one wanted to by your KRS-which parts do you have left?

BobT

Life time member
Life time member
When I talk about investment I am probably poking fun at the western world where everything has a value and success is measured in wealth. In the French countryside where I live there is no jealousy as most people are happy if they have enough money to survive and live a decent life. I have seen so many people in my past life who make their first million and then strive to make another. Why, one person cannot spend it all, and when you have enough income to finance your biking why would you sacrifice that time on the bike to make more money that you don't need?
My 1967 Ducati 250 Mk3 was given to me, have a look at what that is worth in the US or UK. The reason that it was given to me was that I donate loads of my time and knowledge to others for free. In this case I have spent many days doing 200 km round trips to help a couple restore their vintage cars and bikes, something that I do for free because engineering has been my life and is my passion. The couple decided to give me a bike. My wife and I also run the bikers guide to the Dordogne page on facebook for free. We help everyone out and take them out for guided ride outs all around the area for free. My small RAF pension is enough for us to live happily ever after, why would I want more.
The parts that I have left are things like the RS fairing in black, headlight, brackets, windscreen, panniers, pannier rails, spare set of 16 valve wheels and other odds and ends. Will (88) came over and took some stuff away with him including the Corbin seat, some new footrests, new seat lock etc. It has all gone to members on here.

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
@RicK G wrote:
To me a good resto can be done without using the OEM paint work can be a very pleasing machine. I know that to do a concourse resto you need to be totally anal about standard and everything has to be "factory".
I take me hat off to anyone who can do a concourse resto but privately I reckon you'd need to be nuts and most of the judges need shooting.
Rick, you can take your hat off to my twin brother.
He bought this RS just for the fun of restoring it and he's anal. This took almost 2 years. As he never needed this bike (He has his RT), I think he will put it on sale next spring. Price should be around (CAD)$4.5K, but this is only covering the cost of the bike and the parts that he bought. Nothing is charged for the labor which was just his passion to restore this 30 YO bike as a new one.

The whole renovation process can be seen here

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@Crazy Frog wrote:
@RicK G wrote:
Rick, you can take your hat off to my twin brother.
He bought this RS just for the fun of restoring it and he's anal. This took almost 2 years. As he never needed this bike (He has his RT), I think he will put it on sale next spring. Price should be around (CAD)$4.5K, but this is only covering the cost of the bike and the parts that he bought. Nothing is charged for the labor which was just his passion to restore this 30 YO bike as a new one.

The whole renovation process can be seen here

Lovely. Your brother did a really nice job there, the bike is a credit to him. He'll have no trouble selling that to someone who appreciates a well restored up and coming classic....and there's the real talent, finding the right guy! 
Give him my best wishes,
Mike

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
Mmmm... not one of my bikes is standard (except the Bandit because I hate it so much and as of yesterday, even that's been part-stripped to be modified). I simply won't live with the problems that come out of the factory and a bike that doesn't suit me or my way of riding (but I want to keep) soon finds itself faced with the toolkit. Yes, even my standard-looking LFB has been modified. She's no use to anyone else now because it would take time and more money than it's worth to put her back to 'standard'.

A 'custom' is worth exactly what you can get for it; not a penny more and not a penny less. I've said that for the last thirty years from when I used build custom bikes from my back yard. Always Japanese; I refused point-blank to cut up British and European stuff because it was too rare in comparison.

I just did a full ground-up restoration of a 1980 Moto Guzzi 1000SP for someone else. Even then, where you can't see it, it's not factory OEM mostly to make maintenance easier. So even that's a 'custom' and only worth what the owner can get for it - if he ever decides to sell.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
So far, I have restored 2 bricks for my personal use, and done a good detail job on a relatively low mileage K75S. 

I don't restore for concours shows.  Mainly I just bring them back to near original with a few select modifications like running lights and fan override.  I keep my modifications simple and executed as well as possible to maintain or improve the reliability of the bike.  Besides the pride of ownership when people comment on the appearance of my bikes, I have found that a clean bike seems to run better and more reliably than a dirty one.  They certainly are much less annoying to work on.    

The main reason I ride bricks is that they are super reliable, have a certain design philosophy I find attractive, will maintain their value as they are old enough to be fully depreciated, and are rare enough to be interesting.  Like anyone who has worked with their hands, I appreciate good tools, and bricks are good tools.  That I can own one and use it, then sell it for near what I paid for it is a nice bonus, not an investment.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

TacKler

Life time member
Life time member
Fascinating reading.  Nothing like friends having a robust discussion.  

Nigel T

Silver member
Silver member
Interesting debate!

Let me offer another perspective, UK based, which is where the ebay posting originated from the outset.
I enjoy owning and riding a K100RS, its purchase 2 years ago was both emotional and practical. Emotional based on a long surviving memory of a then new RS lapping Brands Hatch in a club series unlimited capacity production bike race, the grace and elegance of that fairing and the bike lived on. Practical, because this bike was going to work for a living taking me across the UK on business related journeys where I needed to arrive on time and ready to work, without having to worry about reliability, drive chains and wind blast etc etc. And it had to be exciting enough to take out weekends for club runs and fun rides.  During the two years it has been slightly modified with largely unseen but sensible mods, it has always got me to where I need to be although one morning it almost got me killed when the unhappy engine cut among very heavy and fast traffic and I was lucky to avoid being completely flattened by the cars behind. Lesson learnt about current fuel quality and first gen FI systems... But, it has helped me save time and really enjoy my motorcycling, it is a great fantastic bike.

So reflecting on the servicing and maintenance needs of the bike for this year I realised the cost could be several months of repayments on a new bike. Was it really sensible to be using a 27 year old bike for time critical journeys where I have to get there on time or I don't get paid? As Euro 4 emissions kick in on bikes do I really want to be running an old smoker when I should be running a cleaner bike?  Would it also be fun to try something else?  I know my wife would feel happier if I was not out there on a bike older than my eldest son.

What are my options for the RS when I do not have the space or funds to keep it mothballed?  Ebay of course, but how would I feel if someone turned up with a fist full of cash and announced he would chop the bike. Would I refuse to sell or take the cash?  Probably take the cash and feel bad. I could sell it to a trader like Motorworks but they will almost certainly part it out.  When I bought the bike it had been for sale for weeks; the small recent trend up in K100 values probably comes from the customisers looking for a cheap and in vogue platform.  I was talking to a Honda dealer last month and the average age of a new bike buyer is high 50's even early 60's.  the youngsters are buying 125's but don't come back to get a big bike license.  Until Classic Bike magazine or similar run a really good article on the Brick triggering all the emotional impulses and setting off a genuine but limited push from collectors or traditionalists to run original K bikes we are going to have to accept that all good things do come to an end as the younger buyers in or coming into the market largely don't 'get' the original Brick and want either a sportsbike, streetfighter or whatever because that is how the market has segmented. A Brick is a cheap way to get there by chopping it to fit their idea of what makes a desirable bike. It is a machine afterall. But for those in the know a classic K will always be a cherished friend. 

Which leaves me looking out on a market where i cannot see a natural replacement for my old RS. Do i buy something more modern accepting that it will not offer the fully rounded capabilities of my 1980's classic or do I buy the RS some more time and service?   

Happy New Year everyone! Long live the K100!!!

Bumblebee

Silver member
Silver member
Although I don't consider my K-100 old, in reality it's quickly approaching "classic" status.  In some cases parts are becoming rare.  They also have not held their value well, at least in the USA.  Are new bikes better?  Yes, the newer the better.

So the question is what do you do with a totally neglected K-100 that's sat in someones back yard unprotected for the last 15 years?  My take on this customize it.  Make something attractive out of it.  It's either that of haul it to the breaker, fact is that space is too valuable to keep a non running junker around.

Strip it down, clean it up, and reassemble in your image.  Maybe your image is the same as Hans Muth's who styled the K-100, in that case a restoration is in order.

My K-100 is in nice original shape, it's been garaged it's whole life, the paint and alloy are still clean and nice.  I wouldn't customize my motorcycle, but I might take on a project.

- John

http://Bugsmashers.org/phpbb

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
@BobT wrote:When I talk about investment I am probably poking fun at the western world where everything has a value and success is measured in wealth. In the French countryside where I live there is no jealousy as most people are happy if they have enough money to survive and live a decent life. I have seen so many people in my past life who make their first million and then strive to make another. Why, one person cannot spend it all, and when you have enough income to finance your biking why would you sacrifice that time on the bike to make more money that you don't need?
My 1967 Ducati 250 Mk3 was given to me, have a look at what that is worth in the US or UK. The reason that it was given to me was that I donate loads of my time and knowledge to others for free. In this case I have spent many days doing 200 km round trips to help a couple restore their vintage cars and bikes, something that I do for free because engineering has been my life and is my passion. The couple decided to give me a bike. My wife and I also run the bikers guide to the Dordogne page on facebook for free. We help everyone out and take them out for guided ride outs all around the area for free. My small RAF pension is enough for us to live happily ever after, why would I want more.
The parts that I have left are things like the RS fairing in black, headlight, brackets, windscreen, panniers, pannier rails, spare set of 16 valve wheels and other odds and ends. Will (88) came over and took some stuff away with him including the Corbin seat, some new footrests, new seat lock etc. It has all gone to members on here.

The seat lock was passed to me in Stradbally on Wednesday at our Christmas Brunch...neatly packed inside a pudding bowl with a request that the pudding bowl be refilled with pudding. Not sure if that request was 88s own or BobTs but it will be done.

However at the moment I am faced with a few maintenance tasks and considered a lot of options. I am more or less decided to keep the RT and do the necessary as in going in for clutch, rear engine seal and everything else along the way. I could decide to leave it and get another K BUT I know one struggles to get one that is perfect and as my own RT has already had brakes/water pump/fuel pump/head bearings/clocks and more done I am inclined to do the rest and keep it.

My LT sits in the shed for now but needs a right hand engine cover, fairing, side panels, all of which I have thanks to a spares bike and 88 who one day nailed a same colour fairing] but it has lost a few parts to my RT. It needs lots of other parts too, rear wheel, FICU unit, battery, tyres, Krauser pannier rails but I have spare BMW ones from the RT]. I don't feel inclined to café it though, feel that if I wanted something like that I would go much smaller and lighter. I saw a lovely military Ducati 350 single at the New Years Day Vintage Run which incidentally had 3 Ks out.

Now the real question, when 88 bought the K1100 the price paid was a floor price in that the parts would have made the price. In BobT's case the parts will bring him more than selling the bike locally. His RS is a lovely K and was really well maintained as he has a good workshop facility at home. We enjoyed many nice outings with him as he used the RS. Its definitely worth bringing back to UK or Ireland for that matter.

David Nimrod

Silver member
Silver member
@BobT wrote:When I talk about investment I am probably poking fun at the western world where everything has a value and success is measured in wealth. In the French countryside where I live there is no jealousy as most people are happy if they have enough money to survive and live a decent life. I have seen so many people in my past life who make their first million and then strive to make another. Why, one person cannot spend it all, and when you have enough income to finance your biking why would you sacrifice that time on the bike to make more money that you don't need?

My small RAF pension is enough for us to live happily ever after, why would I want more.

Wise words... and many would envy your well earned lifestyle (I dislike the term 'lifestyle', but you know what I mean).

Rampant consumerism, jealousy, avarice, and insecurity, together with materialism displacing spirituality (or whatever you call it), adds up to a lot of misery...

Finding genuine peace of mind is such an important thing, we all find this out sooner or later.

What has this to do with 'K's' you ask... Well, who knows

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Having enjoyed BobT's hospitality under his roof and camped in his garden I have to say he has it nailed.

88 and myself are now regular visitors down his way and he does love the Ks and most definitely appreciates good engineering. Peace of mind is an important place and to be fair I think I have found more of that on this forum than anywhere else, in the forum and those we meet on it.

Yes, we send down Christmas puddings, more will be on the way and in September when we are down again we will bring some more little surprises. Bob and his wife have been more than generous to us and ask for little so its important to acknowledge hospitality as generous as theirs.

David, in answer to your question, I have been through the big office and overheads and people working for me and the rat race and the forum was for me a great way of stepping off it. Even the Ks themselves have a certain calming characteristic clearly in evidence when the Eccentrics met up on last Wednesday. So many different folk but a shared love of Ks and like minds you couldn't put a value on it because it's priceless.

David Nimrod

Silver member
Silver member
@92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:So many different folk but a shared love of Ks and like minds you couldn't put a value on it because it's priceless.

Big thumb

indian036

Life time member
Life time member
@David Nimrod wrote:
@92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:So many different folk but a shared love of Ks and like minds you couldn't put a value on it because it's priceless.

Big thumb
Moi aussi  (No, it doesn't mean I'm an Aussie, even though I am.)

Bill

1984 K100RT White. VIN. 0023022K100RT  ENG 104EA32848523

nods

Silver member
Silver member
Bob, David, Olaf - you've all nailed it, and yes it took me 42 years and after the inevitable crash finally figured out what's important in life.  Time - so little of it.  So it's family first, friends, and bikes for the sanity.  I'm never going to work as hard as I did - I just need to keep my kids in a nice school to give them the best opportunities, keep the mortgage repayments going, and go camping with my wife and kids each Christmas holiday.  And anything left over goes to feed my wife's horse and buy parts for my K!  

BTW, this thread DID get me thinking... Perhaps I should do a resto of my old RT...  Naa, it's already missing so much of the "RT-ness", not running, and I've got my Tiger for touring and I plan to keep my new love (my Special K) forever in it's modified form (when I eventually finish).  I know how much enjoyment I'll get from riding my naked modified K100 that I've invested my time and passion into.  And it's the centre piece that I've really fallen for - the big BricK!

Cheers,
Nods

ModelK 100 RT 84 (0504 ( 0505 )
Body typeK 100 RT 84 (0504
Catalog modelECE
Production date1985 / 01
Engine0514)
Transmission
Steering
CatalyzerNONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: