BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:12 am

Hitman

Hitman
Hello everyone! I've been tinkering with anything motorized as long as I can remember! Very Happy BMW earned a special place in my heart for many reasons, I own a BMW E30 for around 8 years now. I have upgraded just about everything on the can with parts from newer models, the only thing left untouched is the looks, you just can't improve perfection!
Worship

Owning several bikes threw the years as well, it was just a meter of time before I took a closer look at the BMW motorcycle lineup! Very Happy  Shore enough it didn't take long for me to find a perfect specimen. I am a strong believer in Built Not Bought and I think the brick has enormous potential. Couple of months ago I drove near Munich and bought myself a firs owner, 23.000 km, 92 K100 RS. So it begins...  Shocked

Looking for any information I can find that will help me with the project, I stumbled across this forum. I will appreciate any help I can get, I am positive I will need it as this it the first time I am attempting something like that.

Kind regards,

Zan

2Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:30 am

David Nimrod

David Nimrod
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome!

I've only been to Slovenia once, but I loved it.

Maribor had an arts festival on, and it was buzzing!

I will return, one day soon... Petrolhead from Slovenia 112350

3Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:40 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Hello and welcome here.

Pictures would be great :-)

Cheers from Germany

Nice place you live in
Good place to ride a bike

Petrolhead from Slovenia Shutterstock_142201246-glavnaslika

4Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Hitman

Hitman
David Nimrod wrote:Welcome!

I've only been to Slovenia once, but I loved it.

Maribor had an arts festival on, and it was buzzing!

I will return, one day soon... Petrolhead from Slovenia 112350
Thanks! 

I live in the capital Ljubljana, definitely recommend a visit next time! I have been to UK three times, every time for the same reason!  Very Happy Me and a friend bought one way plane tickets to London, bought M3s and drove 1500km home! One of those cars donated the engine and brakes for my E30!

Must say that I really liked England as well, even the weather was nice every time!

5Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Hitman

Hitman
Chocolate wrote:Hello and welcome here.

Pictures would be great :-)

Cheers from Germany

Nice place you live in
Good place to ride a bike

Petrolhead from Slovenia Shutterstock_142201246-glavnaslika
Thanks!

These are some pictures I had handy. Will try to find some more if you are interested! Very Happy 

We really can't complain too much! We do have some perfect twisty road that need exploring! Very Happy

Petrolhead from Slovenia Dsc00810
Petrolhead from Slovenia 20130510
Petrolhead from Slovenia 20161110

6Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Very nice!

I like the car and bike looks shiny.
All from one family :-) they share the same genes!
You seam to take care

Cheers

7Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Hitman

Hitman
Chocolate wrote:Very nice!

I like the car and bike looks shiny.
All from one family :-) they share the same genes!
You seam to take care

Cheers
Thank you!

These machines are a part of me, so they are treated with respect and care they deserve!  roundel
The car is mechanically now 90% sorted, next winter I'm planning a body restoration. For the bike I am planning a scrambler/cafe racer rebuild. It is something I have never done before so I hope for success!

8Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
There are some good Café Racer builds from a K,
BUT 90% of them look a awful.
A good looking Café Racer will be work and money,
otherwise the result is bad.
The naked Ks or the RS Ks is are good looking bikes and they could stay as they are.

Here is my personal K caferacer collection Cacao Racer:

Cheers

9Back to top Go down   Petrolhead from Slovenia Empty Re: Petrolhead from Slovenia Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Hitman

Hitman
I couldn't agree more, I haven't found a modified K that would meet all my criteria. I have looked threw hundreds of modified K pictures and I try to collect details that I like. Everybody looks threw different eyes and it is hard to say tat something is awful, I believe that you must follow your vision. Maybe the most important thing is that whatever you decide to do, you do it to the best of your abilities, no 5 min solutions!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum