BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BigDude97

I bought this bike from a friend that bought it new. It is a 1985 K100 RS (VIN-F0041628) and it is going to be a project. It is not running right now and has not been started in a couple of years. But everyone needs a project right? This is my first bike in 30 years, so there is going to be a learning curve. I would like to meet some K100 owners that live in my area to exchange ideas on getting this thing running. And maybe finding some groups that want to go for a ride. OK, that's my introduction, now it is your turn.

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum too.

Maybe start a new thread for the project and when you can pop up some photos. Its good that you posted the VIN as that's very useful. Feel free to ask any questions on the forum and there will most likely already be a thread on any problems you meet. All the guys are very helpful and often you will get a reply with a link to a solution.

There is a section on the home/portal page on what to do if you have just bought a K and its worth a read. I could give you a list of the likely things but have a read of that first.

Part sources are also shared although the likes of www.motobins.co.uk and www.motorworks.co.ukare well used and recommended by everyone. Both supply new and used parts but on the forum some parts are recommended as best bought new and in some cases there are recommended alternatives.

A few forum members in WA too but we sometimes forget the size of some states there. It takes us about 5-6 hours to get from one of this island to the other so we all manage to meet up from time to time.

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome BigDude!
I'm sure you find some K friends in your area.
If you have picture, would be great to show them.

Cheers

nods

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome mate, from down under. Have fun on the project!

ModelK 100 RT 84 (0504 ( 0505 )
Body typeK 100 RT 84 (0504
Catalog modelECE
Production date1985 / 01
Engine0514)
Transmission
Steering
CatalyzerNONE

brickrider2

Gold member
Gold member
Welcome BigDude. I'm your neighbor over in Idaho. That may seem a bit distant for a neighbor, but these K-bikes make gobbling up the miles a pleasure. They are born for the open road cheers
I'm the lucky owner of a 1985 K100RS as well.

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from just down the road in NY. I have an RS and like it a lot although my main mile muncher is a K75RT. This is definitely a good place for information, there is literally over a thousand years and millions of miles of brick experience here that you can tap into.

As far as parts, there are many here in the U.S. among them Max BMW and a number of other smaller outfits. As with any model bike that is 30 years old, there is a fair number of breakers who sell parts on eBay. If you are patient, there is almost nothing you can't get for a good price on the internet.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Brad-Man

Life time member
Life time member
WelKome from another '85RS owner.