BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Fuse F1 and F6 Blowing on 92 K100RS on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:48 pm

qkelly

Cannot find a diagram of the fuse panel but assume F1 for my brake lights and F6 fuel pump. I just bought the bike pulled the fairing cover and found an external fuel pump and a switch to run it, on the opposite side is a 2 wire plug not connected(assuming it goes to original fuel pump, when plugged in it blows fuseF6. I can live with the aftermarket pump situation but need to find what may cause brake light fuse to blow. I can run every wire down but hoping one of you guys have the crystal ball and point me to a starting point. Thanks in advance!

2Back to top Go down    Re: Fuse F1 and F6 Blowing on 92 K100RS on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:03 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Check the wiring loom around the top shock bolt.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

3Back to top Go down    Re: Fuse F1 and F6 Blowing on 92 K100RS on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:07 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
for f1

faulty brake switch ?.

have had more than one go short to earth ...they seem to breakdown within the switch assembly .there are usually 3 ...clutch , front and rear brake

ricks on the money for the rear shock mount ...sometimes the washer on the inner nut will clamp the rear end cables

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum