BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:48 am

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
Knowing how much the Krew enjoy their sKones and Koffee ( even Loffee) , and a good ride ,
thought I'd share this social event with a few of the latte sippers here.
The Cancer Council promotes their annual fundraiser " the Biggest Morning Tea " during May each year, the official date is 26th May, but is flexible.
I have been in cohorts with the owner of the Grey Gum Cafe on the infamous Putty Rd to help co host such an event , which provides for an enjoyable ride to the cafe, no matter which direction you come from . Born Again will attest I'm sure , maybe pop on over for a quick cuppa Paul.

Given that our mate RossKKo was in favour of a day in May for any social ride, and was fond of a latte or two during a ride,
we have chosen to host the " Bikers Biggest Morning Tea " on 28th May 2017. between 9am -12noon.
The cafe offers a great homecooked menu .Free camping onsite , BYO drinks , amenities including showers ,
and if you get in quick enough ,they have a cabin suitable for 2-3 people.

The fundraiser login pageis now active , so I can at least share this for the moment .
Just a matter of turning up and sharing in a cuppa and plenty of bike chat.

Facebook link ;Bikers Biggest Morning Tea

Cheers Ed.

Last edited by Ed on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

1993 K1100RS 0194321 Colour #690 Silk Blue aka" Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.

2Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:28 am

Gaz

Life time member
Life time member
Look forward to it Ed, should be a good day.

Cheers

3Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:16 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
@Ed wrote:
I have been in cohorts with the owner of the Grey Gum Cafe on the infamous Putty Rd to help co host such an event , which provides for an enjoyable ride to the cafe, no matter which direction you come from . Born Again will attest I'm sure , maybe pop on over for a quick cuppa Paul.
Oh! BAE was only just now having a whinge over on his thread about the pouring rain he experienced last time he past thru there. LOL
I missed it unfortunately but apparently it filled everyone's boots.

I'll try to make it Ed and thanks for all the effort you put into organising these charity outings. Sorry, but I don't get to very many.

Fuel: 95 Octane
Engine Oil:Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil: Nulon Synthetic 75W90

4Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Tue May 23, 2017 8:58 am

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
Some recent updates to our gathering on the weekend .
Following our time at Bathurst on the Mountain , a few of us will be heading across to the Grey Gum Cafe.
We have had a suggestion tonight from one of the attendees to ride with a "Yellow" theme .
There will be a couple of riders who are currently collecting scarves and warm items for the homeless ,
feel free to don any item that might fit this criteria , items to be donated may be new , op shop, or from your own wardrobe .

Live music will be provided by Leny's Girl , a blues root style of band .

hope to see you there .

2018 Kart upgrade.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Wed May 24, 2017 10:36 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Ed, I read an article just recently that said one of the most needed items of clothing by the homeless was socks.

Fuel: 95 Octane
Engine Oil:Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil: Nulon Synthetic 75W90

6Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Wed May 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Nigel , I'll pass that onto the lady in charge , as I see her this arvo .
I've also been reassured there will be plenty of sKones and kream available on sunday morn .... I know how much the krew enjoy them .

Today officially kicks off the "Biggest Morning Tea " around Australia . so wherever you may be ,raise your cups one and all.

2018 Kart upgrade.

7Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Sun May 28, 2017 6:33 am

Michael Sydney

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks Ed for all your organisation and hard work today. It looked like a good crowd at Grey Gum.

Thanks also to Warren for the company on the ride up there from Sydney this morning.

8Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Mon May 29, 2017 3:28 am

Warren C

Silver member
Silver member

Here's another one of Ed and friend in action....

9Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Mon May 29, 2017 9:14 am

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
Thankyou to Klompy for his kind donation of riding apparel , I made it safely to Grey Gums without being attacked by Bumblebees.

Some of the happenings at the Morning Tea.
After losing sight of Al at Bathurst , and a quick photo opportunity with "Olivia" and "Sweet Thing", it was a nice ride back to the Grey Gum Cafe to settle in to a night around the campfire .
Al managed to arrive ahead of me , with Marie already setup with the kids .

Mr Klompy bringing on the yellow to brighten the day .

Just a small part of the crowd who supported our event .

Raffles drawn . No singing .....

Scones or Skones ... were the order of the day and very much the favourite .

Seanii , Bella and Seamus . Cheers.

Just a sample of what was on offer.

More skones...

"Smurfette enjoying the outing .

A bit of Blues by Leny's Girl .

Marie and Al , shared in a quick cuppa and sKones, before heading off after a night out at Grey Gums .

It was fantastic support for the Cancer Council . Hope to do it again next year to help celebrate the 25th Anniversary of its conception . This will coincide with "Smurfettes" 25th birthday as well.
All in all a great morning out . We exceeded our expectations for fundraising , a fantastic effort by everyone.

2018 Kart upgrade.

10Back to top Go down    Re: Bikers Biggest Morning Tea on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Saxon7

Platinum member
Platinum member

The Hillbillies and I were there, though we only saw Ed, Al and Marie. The others must have shown up after we left.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum