BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Single Seat Rego - Qld Empty Single Seat Rego - Qld Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:34 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Not sure if all are aware of this but Queensland Transport allows you modify motorbikes from two seaters to single seat by self assessment.  The basic requirements are to remove the rear pegs and "modify" the seat.  There is no need to have the bike inspected.  

As my 75S rego was due I filled in the form, took it in and paid.  The follow up paperwork arrived a week or so later.  So instead of paying $480 for a years rego, I now pay $300.  

The form is the Change of Vehicle Particulars Form and it is available on their website.  

Simplez.  More beer/petrol money.   Single Seat Rego - Qld 723598

2Back to top Go down   Single Seat Rego - Qld Empty Re: Single Seat Rego - Qld Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:39 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Dave! Have you cafe'd your 75s and didn't tell us? Very Happy  Unless you've actually made the changes, you run a very real risk of invalidating your CTP personal injury insurance in the event of a claim. That could be costly mate.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Single Seat Rego - Qld Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

3Back to top Go down   Single Seat Rego - Qld Empty Re: Single Seat Rego - Qld Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:20 am

flea

flea
they also made a couple of changes 1/ before you not only had to remove rear pegs but you also had to fill the bolt holes with metal ... now you only have to remove pegs ...2 / to shorten seat before you could put a shrould over rear of seat .. now your cant , you have to shorten seat or make unuseable . what iv done with 2 of my bikes is turn the pillion section into a kind of bum bag (upholster took the rear form out and put in a zipper so now have a handy place to put tools etc plus if need to carry a pillion they can have a rough ride

sitting there or put a towel etc in pouch for some comfort , well worth the change over.. almost 1/2 price for rego or same as club rego but without the restrictions ..also no modification plate so if want back to pillion you don't have to go get another mod plate

4Back to top Go down   Single Seat Rego - Qld Empty Re: Single Seat Rego - Qld Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Holister wrote:Dave! Have you cafe'd your 75s and didn't tell us? Very Happy  Unless you've actually made the changes, you run a very real risk of invalidating your CTP personal injury insurance in the event of a claim. That could be costly mate.
I'm with you there Nigel .
Having taken many risks in the past , I am so glad that at the time my son and I were both injured on the bike , and needed to claim , it was all legit .
What you save now on a solo seat CTP , could cost you more later on . The final decision is up to the individual .

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Single Seat Rego - Qld 10_x_110

5Back to top Go down   Single Seat Rego - Qld Empty Re: Single Seat Rego - Qld Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:53 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
So that's right easy, and the money you save will allow you to buy a solo seat and go like Gas's 75 cool.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

6Back to top Go down   Single Seat Rego - Qld Empty Re: Single Seat Rego - Qld Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Holister wrote:Dave! Have you cafe'd your 75s and didn't tell us? Very Happy  Unless you've actually made the changes, you run a very real risk of invalidating your CTP personal injury insurance in the event of a claim. That could be costly mate.

Nigel,  

A cafe racer?  Me, no, not ever.  I do have a seat that is similar to the Corbin Gunfighter and the footpegs have been removed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum