BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You can now order the forum stickers. Login and go to the "members only" forum. This is not available for guests yet....

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    New Member on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:54 am

leon83

Hello, just signed in. I bought myself a K100RS 16v last year and rebuilding it.
Now searching for a little bit of help with removing the Air Cleaning Box and replacing it for Open Air Filters. But what to do with the:

- NTC (can I just mount it straight to and Open Air Filter, I bought these...Emgo Premium Power Filter)
- and suggestions for the air / oil parts of the Air Cleaning Box?

Thanks in advance.

Leon

ps.
the K looks like this now:

http://www.leonvanzanten.nl

2Back to top Go down    Re: New Member on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Leon83.

About the installation of the air filters, I saw pictures of the conversion but don't know if this is documented on the forum. You will have to do an extensive search. Sad

3Back to top Go down    Re: New Member on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:40 pm

leon83

I've been searching all weekend. What I've read is that removing the Air Filter Housing isn't wise if you have a K100RS 2V but for the 4V is was possible. Only not sure what to do with the NTC. Hopefully someone can help me out.

4Back to top Go down    Re: New Member on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
@leon83 wrote:I've been searching all weekend. What I've read is that removing the Air Filter Housing isn't wise if you have a K100RS 2V but for the 4V is was possible. Only not sure what to do with the NTC. Hopefully someone can help me out.
On a 2V, the purpose of the air box is to give feedback to the fuel injection system.
The 2V has a Throttle position switch (TPS) feeding only info about idle or full throttle. (This is why you can disconnect it).
The 4V has a TPS feeding info about the real position of the throttle which on the 2V is equivalent to the position of the flap in the MAF.

5Back to top Go down    Re: New Member on Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:16 pm

leon83

For the airfilters, I've ordered them. So I will try to fit them nicely. Will post photos when it's done.

Can you explain to me what your last sentence means about the TPS feeding info? (a bit of a newbie)

6Back to top Go down    Re: New Member on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Can you explain to me what your last sentence means about the TPS feeding info? (a bit of a newbie)
Please read my write-up on the EFI toubleshooting Guide. You will understand the purpose of the Mass Airflow Sensor on a 2V and why it's not easy to remove it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum